• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperPi vs. SuperPi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I know Hyper Pi is multithred and Super Pi is single thread. Since the Broadwell-E has Turbo 3 and picks the best core to run at higher than normal turbo speeds, shouldn't the times be the same in 32m between both? Core 5 (I have no clue why Intel starts with 0) is my best core. Hyper PI 32m took 11:30 on core 5. Super PI only took 8:48. Why such the big difference?

Core 5 (I have no clue why Intel starts with 0) is my best core.

Actually 99% of everything in computer world is going to be 0 indexed. Reason being 0 is the first non negative number, and is represented in binary as all 0s and no 1s. If you study any programming language you will get familiar with 0 indexing very quickly.

HyperPi uses all cores, shares cache, shares memory etc. It's normal that more cores = worse time, it's always like that. Set 1 core in HyperPi and you will see it will pass faster than 6 at the same time.

Back