• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperthreaded Folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

Anyone with one of the newer P4 chips eg 2.4B and up , please enable hyperthreading and let us know how it folds . Can you get to instances of the client to run ? Does it run faster ? Or does it just allow you to do alot more tasks while folding at full speed ( more likely ) ?

None of the above ?

Let us know .

I have been folding 24/7 on a dual 2.2ghz xeon system with hyperthreading enabled for some time and i must say it folds insanely fast! With the hyperthreading enabled i need to have 4 instances of the folding client on to use 100% of the cpu power. And also when using the system while all 4 consoles are folding i see no slowdown at all :).

touser said:
I have been folding 24/7 on a dual 2.2ghz xeon system with hyperthreading enabled for some time and i must say it folds insanely fast! With the hyperthreading enabled i need to have 4 instances of the folding client on to use 100% of the cpu power. And also when using the system while all 4 consoles are folding i see no slowdown at all :).

Kick A$$ man... i want. How are games?:D

Back