• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I <3 Team Fortress 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibokun

5 minutes of playing heavy to protect a cap or the intel isn't going to damage your psyche the rest of your natural born life!!! lol
:beer:

5 minutes of playing Heavy might make you realize how awesome it is. Then you're hooked for life.

Kibokun

I only recently started loving scout. I prefer it in small (<30) player games though. It's way too easy to get caught in crossfire in huge battles and I tend to be more useful when I can get into small skirmishes.

The force-a-nature was game changing though. SO much mobility. Holy crap.

Mr.Guvernment

I play to win, cause when i win is fun cause i am kicking butt and teasing the losers ;) ;)

especially being a spy and going after that same guy over and over cause they cant clue in on how to stop a spy :)

pinkles

lolz, yeah. dominating the same guy OVER and OVER. so fun :)

and then if allspeak is on you can hear them start to scream ;)

radium

No offense, but an unnecessary response like yours that doesn't contribute to the conversation is what's mind numbing. SMILEY!

I never said I told anyone what class to pick nor did I say anything about strategy. Did you actually read what I took the time to thoughtfully type out? Apparently not. You probably just skimmed and decided to be contrary for the sake of it.

You have to relax a little man, it's the internet. If one person doesn't agree with you, it's nothing to get ruffled up over.

My intent wasn't to take a cheap jab at you, however, when someone talks about a match and how close they are to winning but fails because of other people. They're usually going to blame the general lack of organization, or strategy. In your case, class balancing.

Last edited:
OP
Naked Mole Rat

Naked Mole Rat

You have to relax a little man, it's the internet. If one person doesn't agree with you, it's nothing to get ruffled up over.

My intent wasn't to take a cheap jab at you, however, when someone talks about a match and how close they are to winning but fails because of other people. They're usually going to blame the general lack of organization, or strategy. In your case, class balancing.

It had nothing to do with you not agreeing with me, it was what you said initially in your response.

Ok I don't see what you're trying to say, but yeah, of course you're going to blame organization/class balancing, what else is there. And it's not placing blame or pointing fingers, it's just the truth.

radium

With regards to other people's experiences in a video game?

In retrospect, mind-numbing was a poor choice of words and I can see how you could misinterpret my intent. What I meant to say was that it is very hard for someone to experience the emotions that you had racing through you, no matter how eloquently you write it. You just have to be there to experience it.

Last edited:
OP
Naked Mole Rat

Naked Mole Rat

With regards to other people's experiences in a video game?

In retrospect, mind-numbing was a poor choice of words and I can see how you could misinterpret my intent. What I meant to say was that it is very hard for someone to experience the emotions that you had racing through you, no matter how eloquently you write it. You just have to be there to experience it.

It's all good. I can be long winded and convuluted.

I wasn't so much trying to convey the experience as just trying to briefly explain the situation to backup what I was trying to get at.

OP
Naked Mole Rat

Naked Mole Rat

I would just buy TF2 alone, AFAIK you can buy it for only 10 bucks off of steam.

+1

If you are all about multiplayer games, just grab TF2.

I liked playing HL2, it was awesome! But I got motion sickness playing it after 45 minutes at a time (a lot of people experienced this too). I also found it difficult to where I needed god mode to finish it.. prolly cuz of the nausea! lol And I didn't care for the later levels (think 3D pinball)

I didn't care for Portal personally.

OP
Naked Mole Rat

Naked Mole Rat

i scored the intel last night on 2fort with a heavy! LOL :eek: :p

probably the first and last time i'll ever be able to do that especially since it was uncoordinated. I ran across the bridge and everything!

i have no idea what the other team was up to. :screwy:

Marshmallow64

A bit off topic but does anyone have their stats not saving from time to time? For example sometimes I get 28 points or so with heavy, while I am still in the game I notice it appears in my character stats, but the next day it reverts back to my old high score.

It has already happened several times.

radium

try entering and exiting steam to reconnect. You may also not be playing on an approved tf2 server where achievements and unlocks are checked by Steam.

Leviathan41

A bit off topic but does anyone have their stats not saving from time to time? For example sometimes I get 28 points or so with heavy, while I am still in the game I notice it appears in my character stats, but the next day it reverts back to my old high score.

It has already happened several times.
I've read several people on the TF2 forums complaining about it and my brother has also had the issue. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Nhut Pham

The stats thing usually happened to me if I didn't play the whole round as that class, at least it seems that way from my experience. Like if I changed classes in the middle of the round then it wouldn't record a high for either class that I had picked.

BTW, I love this game too, I'm a convert from counter-strike. I play all the classes when the map/team calls for it, although I definitely favor soldier/scout/sniper