• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am some lucky guy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TripleH

Registered
Today i chipped my duron core, (posted earlier), and i thought all was lost because my temps were high even underclocked to 900,(sys in my sig) , i decided to reapply my thermal compound just out of boredom , and now i went into my BIOS and temps are good, so i upped the fsb to 112/112 and success with good temps, then tried 124/124 and another success, now i am at 133/133 , (9*133 = 1.2ghz) oh man, i am so happy right now, temps are 44c idle, and i am going to stress test it later on tonight to check full load temp and stability

wow that is quite the close call and what is even better...... IT STILL OVERCLOCKS :D

The strange thing is that my system wasnt this stable at 133 before i chipped it, maybe i just wasnt applying the thermal compound right,

Could someone give me tips as to how much paste i should put on and where at on the core? the center , more to the left?, more to the right? any sug's. open

I had similar fsb stablity problems with the duron i got now, but i didn't chip the core, at first it wouldn't go past 125 bus stable, but i just kept trying over and over with the same settings, and now it runs at 133x8 stable as a rock :)

Back