• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I CANNOT overclcok in bios, so in using the tuner i need advise...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

right now im on 3.2 ghz and voltage is 1.32 v, i want to take it to 3.4 ghz errrm what voltage should i set for that?????? im using asrock oc tuner.....i kno it says 3.4 in my sing info, but summit happened so its nt relli at that 3.4 ghz :(

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Why can't you overclock from within the BIOS? And there's no way for us to tell you how much Vcore your chip requires in order to reach 3.4GHz.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
You mean I have to find out the vcore myself by trial an error, right?
Yes, and then run Prime or LinX to check for stability.
I updated my bios n after even if I overclok a teeny bit my pc does not start
Then either the overclock related settings you changed weren't correct, or other setting(s) needed to be changed in conjunction.

Parad0x420

First, why don't you post your system specs or put it in your signature so we can give better advice. I have no idea what chip you're running and am not about to go searching through the forum to find a post that tells me. I can tell you have an AMD chip since you're in this section.. but depending on which one you may not even need to increase the voltage to hit 3.4. I didn't have to move past stock voltage on my PII 955 till i tried to pass 3.5, and only needed 1.40-1.42 for stable 3.6

Second, there's no possible way that you wouldn't be able to OC in BIOS.. as you'll have the best chance of OC'ing and making it stable from there. Software in the OS might help you fine-tune a few things.. but 95% of your tuning will be done via BIOS.