• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant OC my Gainward GF4 Ti4200 golden sample past 290!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I have a Gainward Geforce4 Ti4200 128mb Golden sample. I have the Gainward expertool installed so I can OC it. Well, the default core clock is set at 260. I hear of people setting theres at 300 no problem, but it will only let me clock it up to 290! And it wont let me OC the memory as high as other people also. Do I need a new version of this expertool software? Or is there something I'm missing? I played with the settings and still no avail.

TheFrag

some just don't OC as well as others. You could try putting better coolin on it. i.e.---Ram sinks and maybe a better heatsink and see what that will do. But be careful, you might ruine(sp?) your video card.

asw7576

Check out the 3.3V line

Check your 3.3V line in BIOS or your mobo hardware monitoring program. This 3.3V line is important when overclocking AGP. The best IF your mobo supports AGP Voltage options. The good 3.3V is between 3.25V (min) to 3.45V(max).

You could manipulate the voltage for higher GPU VCORE:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/visiontek-gf4ti4400/

you could use 1000 ohm resistor.

I don't know yet with voltage manipulation for VGA memory. I guess the use of 5000 ohm resistor is enough.

good luck....

OP
gingo

gingo

I haven't OC'd it yet from 260. what I meant was, it wont let me choose an OC past 290. So I was wondering how poeple can OC past 300 when I cant even choose 300.

OP
gingo

gingo

I'm using gainwards Expertool as I stated in the first post....

MDA

I've got exactly the same card as you and Expert Tool lets me put the gpu core up to 350 and memory up to 600, maby check Gainwards web site for an updated version of expert tool, although im using the one on the driver cd!

MDA.

Emericana

i used cool bits and got mine to a whopping 330mhz until it died because of unrealated matters....

100% stock except i put AS3 on the core and had a 30cfm 80mm fan over it