• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I CAN'T OVERCLOCK MY FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xXJustMeXx

Can someone help me?
I bought this PC 1 month ago and I can't overclock it decently. I'm trying to put the CPU in 4.1GHz, and it works just fine. But when stressing it with Prime95, if I overclock anything above 3.8GHz, the system crashes.
I tried to amp up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't do nothing. I try to put a value and the voltage just go back to "Auto". Is this a limitation of my MB?

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4.1GHz (working fine without stressing)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 1x8GB 1866MHz
GPU: MSI Radeon R7 370
Storage: HD Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
PSU: Corsair CX600
Case: X-Strike V8

Download CPUZ and HWmonitor 1st and foremost. What CPU cooler are you using?

Also how are your temps at 3.8 Ghz??

Honestly the stock cooler is barely good enough for running your cpu at stock speeds. How about a list of your components in your system......Motherboard, ram, CPU and power supply please.

In your BIOS in the mIT section you'll see advanced voltage options. You'll need to set the voltage to manual or offset before you can change the values. Most likely an option at the top of the section.
As was mentioned the stock cooler won't do well overclocking.

Honestly the stock cooler is barely good enough for running your cpu at stock speeds. How about a list of your components in your system......Motherboard, ram, CPU and power supply please.
I know that the stock cooler is not good. I'm saving money for a H45, since in my country this is the best I can get for R$250,00.

And thanks Johan45 and Blaylock. I managed to change the voltage (but I'll wait until I get a watercooler, since the temps gone wild in idle) and the link helped me with a lot of doubts I had.

Back