• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't fold anymore.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumpa

It didn't work.
I used a GUI version and every time I had to shut it down to play a game. It would constantly go back to desktop.

It would freeze sometimes for no reason.
Also when using System Mechanic (if the program wasn't active) it would start folding from 0/400 (I would loose any data that was done previously)

Text version was fine, but I don't like that thing in my taskbar all the time.

Good luck guys!
;)

KaHNZa

Thats sad to here. But I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. Its your choice what you do with your computer. ;)

illwillchill

i use the no frills cmdline version and run a program called hideitx to hide the console completely, it only shows up in the system processes.

http://home.attbi.com/~wxdude1/emsite/hideitx.html

I have two desktop icons: one "Start Folding" and "Stop Folding" so when im about to play a game or something, i can quickly stop and restart folding quickly

add these commands to the shortcuts

shortcut command line for start folding
"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\HideItX.exe" -starthide c:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe -advmethods -forceasm

for stop folding
"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\HideItX.exe" -stop c:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe

xxfold.jpg

I'm not sure if this will convince you to try folding again but it should help.

MrMarbles

Are you aware that you can hide that thing in your taskbar?
You can either use Electron Microsope or run [email protected] as a service (w/ win2k or xp).

Btw I had exact same problem with the graphical version. Now I use EM/text version and its fine.

Kendan

Senior Punk
All you need is trayit or use EM3 to hide it. You could even use the service install. The graphical version is buggy with some vid cards. I always recomend the text only client with trayit to put it in the tray or EM3 to monitor and hide it. I still use em3 but just to monitor my rigs:D I don't turn it off while I game either.

Here is the link to trayit: http://www.aoaforums.com/files/code.php?file=917

Here is the link to EM3:
http://home.attbi.com/~wxdude1/emsite/index.html

Here is the link to the service install:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179298

The service install might be your best option:D If you need help setting it up just PM me and I will help thru PM/AIM/IRC

DeepScience

Super Kiwi
The only game there seems to be an issue with for me is WCIII. But that's only occasionally so I just alt tab out to squish folding for a while.

hmmm, I wondered y i was a bit slow. I managed to turn EM's command line thingy off. ok, advmethods back online :D

Tw00sh

How

How do I make a stop command like that?

This is what I am using as a start up command:

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

I tried your line, but it does not work because I do not use the hideit program?

What should my stop command line be?

The VTech

Captain Bawls
The GUI one also affects my Half-Life along with WCIII I'm switching over to the text version this AM when I get off work.

I kill it for that time and it's OK because...

I have a lightning fast PC at work running a PII 333MHz CPU on a PC66 FSB Intel AL440LX motherboard!!! It's beating out at 138/1250 at the moment! Woo Hoo! :D
PS this killer PC also is running an onboard Viper V330 4MB video card and 128MB of PC100 SDRAM. :D

Edit- twoosh, go to the url in the post for the shortcuts for starting and stopping. :D

OSUmaxx

If that's really your only issue, just hide it with hideit or preferably EMIII. Very simple solution.

OP
dumpa

dumpa

I'm folding again :)

Thanks guys for your help.

I even played BF1942 with no problems :D

OP
dumpa

dumpa

All of them :D

Downloaded 3.24 text only version, installed EMI3, used .reg file, than used that setup.exe (service install) file, and finally TrayIt :D

:)

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Re: Re: I don't fold anymore.

nikhsub1 said:

Can you speak English? I don't have any idea what that means? :D

Translation:

Holdy $%#@! I want to fold but the $%#^ing thing keeps #$%@ing my #$%* computer. HELP!

/lavashly apply help here

"I'm folding again"

I love a happy ending.

Wedo

OP
dumpa

dumpa

Re: Re: I don't fold anymore.

nikhsub1 said:

Can you speak English? I don't have any idea what that means? :D

Me neither :confused:
It must be a typo

Kendan

Senior Punk
dumpa said:
All of them :D

Downloaded 3.24 text only version, installed EMI3, used .reg file, than used that setup.exe (service install) file, and finally TrayIt :D

:)

OMG

I hope you are just running one of them and you did the reg file after the service install:D with the service install you will see nothing at all and it will run even when logged out. The only way to tell it is running is to look in the task manager. Takea look in the task manager to make sure there arent multiple [email protected] clients running:D Good luck and FOLD on!!!