• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Dont Know What I Should Get Next = P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

I just spent about 800 dollars upgrading my PC and it really has helped a ton. I got exactly what I paid for. I got a new video card ( BFG 7800GT OC ). New sound card ( Creative X-FI 125$ Model ). New PSU ( PC P & C 510Watt SLI Ready ) . This was an upgrade from a 64MB Nvidia 6200 TurboCache, a Aspire 500Watt ( I thought was faulty but wasnt ), and no sound card. Before I couldnt even play a game without my comp lockin up and rebootin, but now its "smooth as butter". = P I got a few dollars left over and I was wondering what to do with it. Any suggestions ?

AMD 64 CPU 3000 + @ 1.8GHZ
BFG 7800GT 256MB VidCard PCIE
MSI - RS480M2-IL MoBo With OnBoard Sound/Vid -- 10/100 Ethernet
1 GIG Kingston Value RAM 2x512 PC3200
PC P&C 510 Watt PSU
80 GIG Hitachi Desktar IDE HDD
Creative X-Fi SoundCard
DVD/CD Samsung +-RW Dual Layer
Black/Red Super Alien Server Case With LCD And Fan Control
+ 3Case Fans W/ BlueLED

?????????????????????????????????????

how much you got leftover ?
you could do 2 things or 3 really...
get yourself a DFI so you can OC and make it FASTER, but you'd need ram and that will cost you about $300 for the 2.
or you could buy a sata HDD or 2 for RAID O

If you get a DFI and stick with your Kingston Value RAM, I'd say you can only OC about up to 2.1ghz or so.

It depends how much you have left over. I'd probably recommend getting the DFI board, probably the new one, "Expert" one. Maybe ram too, since value ram won't quite cut it for extremer OCing.

epox nForce4 ultra, better heatsink(look in cooling for some recommendations), a bigger hd, and some better RAM. starting with the RAM you could probably see a good improvement butt the heatsink might allow you to overclock to at least 2.4ghz.

-1cem4n

Darksparkz, if he uses a divider the Kingston ram is fine. I do agree that the mobo is the weak link. A dfi or an Epox would fix that.

Thanks for the ideas. What do yall think about ECS MoBo's as well? There was a nice NF4 one with a bunch of SATA150 and 2.0. As for the ram, I might wait just a lil bit. But the heat sink is definiatly in my price range right now.

Back