• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally got my EVGA notification for RTX 3080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

Lol, I was put in the queue back in March and finally received a notification. Back when I first ordered, it was like $799-850ish but not available. Now they are selling it for $1400+, $1500 after taxes and shipping.

Lol, Nvidia can kiss my ***. I use my GTX 1080 until it won't work anymore. I swear, the greed is out of this world.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Lol, I was put in the queue back in March and finally received a notification. Back when I first ordered, it was like $799-850ish but not available. Now they are selling it for $1400+, $1500 after taxes and shipping.

Lol, Nvidia can kiss my ***. I use my GTX 1080 until it won't work anymore. I swear, the greed is out of this world.
Was that a 3080 Ti? That would be comparable to a 3090 and is the right price.

otherwise the 3080 ..yeah that would be out of line.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Agreed with dfonda, which card is it? You could probably re-sell it [if you wanted to] for more than you pay for it.

OP
Brutal-Force

Brutal-Force

Was that a 3080 Ti? That would be comparable to a 3090 and is the right price.

otherwise the 3080 ..yeah that would be out of line.
It was a 3080. The 3080Ti hadn't been announced yet. I will just wait until prices settle down.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Good lord that's crazy they are asking for those prices. The two 3080s I got from EVGA were from the OG MSRP of around $800

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Now it's starting to make sense. Thanks for pointing that out. That is what I thought too because I'm still waiting for another notify and none of them would be anywhere close to that.

MaddMutt

I'm looking at the bottom cards.. Like the RTX-3060ti or even the 3070 when they are back to MSRP. I'll even take some AMD RX-6600xt or 6700xt also.
I would LOVE if someone would see if NVIDIA's or AMD's cards will run in SLI/CF in Win 7/10/11. IIRC Johan45 verified that AMD's last series 5xxx would do CF in DX-12.
Even if they are available the RXT-3050 and RX-6500 will not be able to give RT at 60fps/1080p.

OP
Brutal-Force

Brutal-Force

Yeah, I live in the US. When you get a Notification, they give you 20 hours to complete your purchase. You log into your account and they send you a code to enter.

I was as surprised as everyone else. I figured maybe 800-900 dollars, but nope. I really expected what they have posted on their website, but it wasn't. I didn't take a SS because I was so disgusted, I just said....Nope.

It was over $1400 for a non TI. They don't even show you the price until you are ready to enter your credit card. I felt ill. I had waited all of this time to only turn it down. I won't be purchasing a card for the foreseeable future, and EVGA will be the last place I look. I feel betrayed. All of my gear is EVGA.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 203349.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Brutal-Force

Brutal-Force

I want to say that you misread. The products for the price are the Tis. I went on the EVGA subreddits and saw people saying they got their queue notices for 3080 ftw cards...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/ryl0rm/_/hrpy12f $1000 after tax and shipping.
After reading your email, I went back and looked. You are right. I had both a 3080 and 3080Ti on back order, my Notification was for a 12G-P5-3967-KR, so in fact yes a RTX 3080Ti.

I would rather have had the 3080 for 900 than a 3080Ti for $1500 anyways. But thanks for helping me to clear that up.

I can also see where everyone else is coming from. Had I bought it and re-sold it, I would have probably made a couple of dollars (although not worth the effort to me). A 3080Ti would be nice, but I don't need that much card for what I do.

Full disclosure: I was at work when this email came in. I panicked because I was pretty excited. I logged in at work, something I really shouldn't have been doing anyways, but I was nervous about the 20 hour thing, and people were saying they were missing their notifications. Once I saw the price, I thought it was terrible, no way I was going to pay that much for a 3080. In retrospect, a 3080Ti would have been a nice addition, but I really spent entirely too much this Christmas and my daughter is getting married in Germany this year, so $1500 would about pay for the plane ticket.

Last edited:

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
As someone who has both a 3080 and a 3080Ti (Tee-Eye or TIE) the bump in performance was worth it to me.

If you want the Ti email EVGA and see if they will resend you a link.

And yes, I too way over spent in December.