• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i got a qestion about a intel CPU and compatible mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssprncvegeta

yea, some of u(prolly not) might remember me from a while back during the summer.

awnyways, im still looking for a computer to buy.
but now i know what i want, plus i gots lots more of cash.

3.06GHz or higher with HT(hyperthreading)
512mb dual ddr at 333mhz
mobo w/: agp8x, usb 2.0, at least 5 PCI, and at least 1.5GB of dual ddr at 333mhz

the case is anything i can get cheapest, atx form of course, and at least 400watts. any idea on anything different?

**no, i do not wish to buy a 2.0GHz and upgrade it to 2.4 or whatever, so don't suggest it**

Stockli

Registered
Make sure you get a good power supply(Antec or other name brand) Granite Bay Dual DDR motherboards should be for sale pretty soon(although I believe they use DDR 266). Also, if you have enough money to grab a 3.06 P4, plop some money down on an ATI 9700 or wait for nVidia's Nv30. Good luck

OP
ssprncvegeta

ssprncvegeta

yea, thanks alot.

i saw this ad in a PCGamer magazine for a SOYO P4X600. i haven't seen it on soyo.com, so wtf is up with that

yea, my bday is up soon so i'll get a buttload of money
($500+ X-D), so i cant practically buy a top of the line alienware at christmas. but i rather have enough left over for a car.

this granite bay, eh? never heard of them but i'll havta give them a look.

anyone know of when the intel pentium4 with HT will have MORE than 533FSB? if it is i'll wait untill march at the latest, but my computer now DOESN'T have a AGP at all, and i already have a 32mb PCI, and i dont wanna spend the money just for a crappy video card PCI upgrade. but AGP8X shud keep me ready for any new upgrades i shud ever need.

just lemme know if u know anything about more than 533FSB for P4 with HT. and whats the cheapest u've ever seen the fastest P4 out? i've seen as low as $550, anyone see lower?

Stockli

Registered
You might find more info on upcoming processors/bus speeds at intel's web site. I believe they have a roadmap listing processor enhancements that are soon to come. Granite Bay is the newest Intel chipset for P4, it uses dual-channel DDR(266 is what i've seen supported on boards so far) and I believe it has support for AGP 8x, as well. Check the Motherboard section for reviews. I don't know much about the Soyo MB. I haven't been keeping up on the price of the 3.06, but last I checked on newegg.com it was around $700