• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got an unlocked P3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

I got hold of an unlocked P3 with adjustable multiplier up to 8 Currently running at 6x140 in an old Gigabyte mobo

Here's the goodies from the CPU

RB80526PY700256
Q948A122-0271
QM45ES

from these nums I believe its an unlocked P3 700

and here is a shot from cpuz

cpuz.JPG

OP
deez

deez

unfortunately its not a great overclocker but still fun to play with. 6.5x133 is the highest it will go. Wouldn't even do 8x112

AntmanMike said:
according to CPUZ its a 600mhz :)

I set the multiplier to 6

Edward2

I got an unlocked Celeron Tualatin off eBay about a month ago myself. It's a lot of fun playing with an unlocked chip. You have so many choices about what CPU speed and FSB speed you run the chip at. I have mine running at 10 x 145 right now.

looktall

AFAIK ES chips aren't normally known for being better overclockers than their locked cousins.
but the ability to lower multiplier and pump the fsb gives them better performance.

what's the lowest multiplier you can get out of it?

OP
deez

deez

lowest multiplier so far is 1.5 but when its set that low the board defaults to 133FSB for some reason even though multi. and fsb adjustment are controlled by jumpers.

check it out

cpuz2.JPG