• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got the coolest friend EVER. lent me 350 bones for a XP 2700....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

yep, just lent me 350 to order a 2700.
orderd it 2 minutes ago.

should have it sometime by early next week.
I am like a kid, cause I get so excited about having good gear.
who knows how it overclocks, but with a base of over 2ghz, it's not like there will be much to complain about.;)

man, if only customs would hurry up and give me my prometia...

tonight is a really good night.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

I have a KD7-Raid with a fresh Bios flash that supports the Xp 2700 so I'll OC it alittle, whatever I can do on air.
maybe push 1.95 V, but not much more....

just not that comfortable with air cooling.

I just hope, it does the kinda numbers I seen people get with the 2400. thats dreaming I know... but who knows till you try?

I am so excited.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

I am getting it from XTwerkz.com

I will vouch for that site.
they are a great bit of people.
I was recommended them from people here, and now I can say the same. those guys will get alot of business from me, after the last bits of experience I have with them.
with all the pain in the butt things that customs is doing...
they still keep me very informed.
when I needed a chip unlocked they were quick to get it back.
when I ask about things like thier power supply service they are right on honest.

I know there are a few other places that have them for sale.
you can go to chip-con.com and find their resellers list and take a try from there also.
but from what I understand, the prometia despite it's price is selling fast, so it may be hard to find.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

Why didn't you order from a place in the U.S.A.?

XTwerkz.com is in the USA.
it's chip-con themselves that are having a problem importing the prometeia to it's resellers.
this is the first inital shipment from them to the USA distributors.

somehow chip-con and US Customs don't like like the paper work provided by Chip Con for importing the Prometiea.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

Yodums, I will.

I really hope fed ex is on the ball with this one, cause I would love to get this thing on monday. but it's fed ex so who knows....

I just achieved a OC of 207x8 on an XP 1800 with a volcano 9 and a few little cooling mods.
just kinda warming up for the 2700.

I just hope this is unlocked just like the 2400 tends to be with the other KT-400s.

john240sx

Yodums said:
Dude, can I be his friend! Lending 350 for a processor! :)

heh, i lent a friend $1,000 to buy christmas presents for his kids 3 years ago. i only got $500 of it back though. (4 kids, a wife, outragous rent and a terrible job. i couldn't take the other $500 back)

on topic, doesn't the 2700 have a 333Mhz FSB? (i thought i read that somewhere) that would kickout some nice benchmarks :)

i can't wait to hear how it overclocks, my next upgrade is coming soon :D