• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have 3/8x5/8 reinforced tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomdean

I have the 3/8 x 5/8 clear reinforced tubing on hand. I could not find a mention of this. Maybe I am blind, but...

I plan to use barbs.

Will this work for distilled water cooling?

Any big gotcha's?

Do you know what brand the tubing is? There are some older brands that will leach into the water and can cause growth. My preferred brands are Primochill Advanced LRT or EK-Tube ZMT. With the tubing size you have listed you'll probably want to use an Anti-kink coil.

Distilled water with a Biocide additive is still the recommended method for water cooling. Premixed solutions by reputable companies are also a great choice. If neither of these are options for you we can discuss other less-recommended options.

Sounds like you are looking at the general tubing found at your local hardware store. As mentioned above leaching of plastersizer can create a boatload of problems ranging from discolored tube to plugged waterblocks. Yes it will work if that is all you have to work with.

I looked at the tubing. Most likely from HomeDepot. On a shelf for years. I will order either Primochill or EK. And, I will use anti-kink.

I did read all the sticky posts at the top. Good info.

Later today, I will post a list of selected items and ask for advice on better choices.

Back