• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have a maxtor sata

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ok i have a question i have 1 maxtor 80gb sata im planning on buying another how do i get to get me total of 160gb thats running at the same time ?

OSUmaxx

I'm not totally clear on your question. Do you want the 160 GB to register as 1 drive letter? Do you want to run a RAID setup?

OP
vietp13

vietp13

well ok i currently have a 80gb maxtor drive right i want to get another one that support sata like mine, and here's the question if i run it in raid 0 will windows read it as total of 160 gb ?

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
yes windows will see 1 drive of 160gb with raid0
but also you will loose anything on the current drive unless you save it on another drive somehow.

imo raid0 makes alot of sense due to speed increases.
many argue it doesnt help a desktop machine,i feel they are completly wrong.

OSUmaxx

deathstar13 said:
yes windows will see 1 drive of 160gb with raid0
but also you will loose anything on the current drive unless you save it on another drive somehow.

imo raid0 makes alot of sense due to speed increases.
many argue it doesnt help a desktop machine,i feel they are completly wrong.

Agreed 100%

My RAID 0 raptor setup is very fast (for ATA). Let it be known that if one of your drives dies in RAID 0, you lose ALL of your data.

OP
vietp13

vietp13

woot woot ok i know whats gonna be on my christmas list this year thanks guys you've been a really big help