• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question About my DFI Board(about CPU block mounting)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

B/C Their are restiors in the way of the rubber washers to mount my waterblock so they lay flat. This causes 2 of the 4 vertical screws used to hold the W/B down to be not straight. So would this cause my W/B not to be mounted right? With a Large Un-known Dual 120mm heatercore, WW block, and qiet 1200 pump, on my expo 8dra+ I could get 35-37C full load at 2.5GHZ and 1.9voltcore. Now With my DFI at 2.0volt core and 2.6GHZ I get 46C idle and around 51C full load. This also mounted in my case. Its kinda ****ing me off. Rom temp is also about 85F and case open with temps around 35C. Any ideas to help me out on temps. Don't get me wrong, I don't mine B/C all fans are running really low 5-7volt and its quiet and stable as hell. It just makes me mad that all these people who get 35-36C full load and have a higher O/C than me.:p

I used a dremel to grind the washers to fit around the resistors.

Ive also heard of people not using that second nut and washer, just afix it to the back with a bolt, then spring over the block, so the bolt isnt attached to the motherboard by itself.

ares350 said:
I used a dremel to grind the washers to fit around the resistors.

Ive also heard of people not using that second nut and washer, just afix it to the back with a bolt, then spring over the block, so the bolt isnt attached to the motherboard by itself.
him, so this might have something to do with my high temps?

Yes that would cause a temp problem. With your block sitting all funky the inlet is off center and the block is probably barely making contact. Just get a file or something like that (Dremel is fastest but don't go too far) and eat away at the side where the resistors are.

Back