• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have found my LCD Nirvana. And it's a Panasonic.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Previous LCD's owned:
206BW Samsung 20" LCD
32LH70 LG LCD tv 32" 1080p
Panasonic TLX-32 32" 720p LCD tv
Sony KDL-32-XBR6 32" 1080p LCD tv
LG W2453V 24" LCD

The Panasonic TCL-32-S1 is the BEST 32" LCD of any kind that I have ever seen. Hands down. Bar none.

It has an IPS-Alpha panel. The color gamut, onscreen color range, onscreen static contrast, dynamic contrast, white and black levels, all absolutely spectacular.

The same episode of curb your enthusiasm on this VS XBR6- which in it's own right is a really good PVA panel- a banana and a bowl of fruit.

The banana is just cream colored on the XBR (it is peeled). On the TCL you can actually see the darkening of the banana towards the center. the little blackish X thing in the middle of the banana. New details everywhere. This thing is so sharp at even 25% sharpness... What a phenomenal screen.

The color accuracy and gamut, to my admittedly unexpert eye, is just as good if not better than the 2206WA photo editing monitor from dell.

I love this thing.

7keys

It seems like Panasonic is the only manufacturer of LCD TV's who tell what panel they put inside their product.