• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have money and I want to spend it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
Looking for ram that will handle tight (2-2-2-5) timings in Dual Channel on my 8RDA3+ at 200+ FSB.

I was thinking of getting Mushkin LvII Black from newegg. What I am wondering is how far above 200 fsb will it go at 2-2-2-5 1T, or even 2-3-3-6 1T(I know that there is no DEFINITE answer to this question, but those of you with experience could give me an approximation :))? Also: I'm assuming that these sticks have BH-5 chips. How "happy" are these chips at 250+ fsb with "decent" (i.e. 2.5-3-3-7) timings?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I got my Black Level 2 PC3500 to 230MHz and was limited by my motherboard. I've seen some people get it as high as 250 with loose timings. And if you want to verify the BH5 fact, email their tech support and they'll tell you if they've switched to CH5 yet. Last I heard, they were still BH5.

~THT

You can also try Kingston HyperX PC3000, those are supposed to have BH-5 chips in them.

yeah but none of those are dual channel. hmmm if your overclock is not going to be too high you may want to try some kingston dual channel memory. look for CL2 on the box and go from there.

I think I'll be going with the Mushkin lvl 2 3200 dual channel kit. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I got my Black Level 2 PC3500 to 230MHz and was limited by my motherboard. I've seen some people get it as high as 250 with loose timings. And if you want to verify the BH5 fact, email their tech support and they'll tell you if they've switched to CH5 yet. Last I heard, they were still BH5.

think you could give me a name/contact address of one of these people? i have a stick of mushkin black lvl2 3500, i was looking to get 230-240 on it...

BTW, what is better, higher FSB and looser timings, or tighter timigns and a lower FSB? or is this one of those things i gotta check almost every combo or the best deal?

I bought my sticks seperate to save $20 they werent a dual channel kit.

295fsb%20hyperx222.JPG

I have Mushkins also. They do just as good.

Back