• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have the FASTEST air-cooled G4 ti4200 in the world!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I have a VisionTek G4 ti4200 64MB OEM. This is an original G4 ti 4200, don't confuse them with the 4200's with the 4600 PCB(those aren't real 4200's). The memory on the card is 3.6ns Hynix TSOP.

My card does 340/640. :burn: This is with a volt mod. The card is air-cooled and has ramsinks. I have never seen a card clocked higher than mine with air. If anyone has one that's fast than mine please do tell.. thanks for listening.

PS. 340/640 is the MAX STABLE overclock. Post only 100% stable and artifact free clock speeds.

Thanks KATO for the volt mod link ;)

Cisco Kid

good job!!!! , do not worry they willl be coming after ya hehehe for the crown.....

cisco kid

Codeman05

awesome job!!! Want kind of air cooling are u using on the GPU, I take it its not stock

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

Cisco Kid said:
good job!!!! , do not worry they willl be coming after ya hehehe for the crown.....

cisco kid

thanks, I never got a volt mod to work so well till now. I'm HAPPY:p

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

Codeman05 said:
awesome job!!! Want kind of air cooling are u using on the GPU, I take it its not stock

Thanks. I'm using a OLD socket 370 cooler with a 25CFM low profile fan, I can't even hear it.

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

I just ran Code Creatures and I got a score of 2197!!
Not bad at all for a 64MB card. Remember this benchmark NEEDS 128MB for video card memory to work optimally...

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

bknight said:
i tryed to downlod that code do you where did you get it

From the site when it first came out..Last I heard the site didn't work for download anymore.. I dunno why..

NeoGeo

That's a really good oc on the TSOP ram. Is that your 24/7 setting? How is the ram being cooled? Beware of heat death, such an overclock can lead to a slow dying vcard, R.I.P Elsa GF2 ultra

Gainward GF3, no v-mods, stock cooling except for crystal orb & twin 80mm fan bracket
max 252 core, 583 ddr(TSOP 3.8ns hynix)--->had to change the krusty/bart value to get the slider that high!

Chris

Overclocker456 am i seeing right it says in ure sig 9700 R.I.P:eek: that must of hurt the wallet what did u do to kill the poor thing?:cool:

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Nice:D
How much voltage are you feeding the GPU/MEM now? And did you use a 5k VR to mod them?

Man, soon I just have to force myself to Vmod too, heehee:D

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

NeoGeo said:
That's a really good oc on the TSOP ram. Is that your 24/7 setting? How is the ram being cooled? Beware of heat death, such an overclock can lead to a slow dying vcard, R.I.P Elsa GF2 ultra

Gainward GF3, no v-mods, stock cooling except for crystal orb & twin 80mm fan bracket
max 252 core, 583 ddr(TSOP 3.8ns hynix)--->had to change the krusty/bart value to get the slider that high!

Yeah it's my 24/7 setting or else I wouldn't post it.. Well the memory doesn't even get warm at all.. and with the volt mod it gets warm so I think it's ok.. My Radeon 8500 and G4 ti4600 got VERY hot on the memory, but not this one..!!;)

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

Kato said:
Nice:D
How much voltage are you feeding the GPU/MEM now? And did you use a 5k VR to mod them?

Man, soon I just have to force myself to Vmod too, heehee:D

Nah I'm using a 1k ohm resistors.. I have no idea how much voltage it's getting, but I know it's not a lot more than stock. everything isn't running to hot.

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

chris_4130 said:
Overclocker456 am i seeing right it says in ure sig 9700 R.I.P:eek: that must of hurt the wallet what did u do to kill the poor thing?:cool:

YOu know that silver plate that cover the voltage chip on the back of the card?? Well I ripped it of my distake with the chips coming off with the plate.

OP
Overclocker456

Overclocker456

It rather strange that my G4 ti4200 @ 340/640 scores are within 5% of my now dead ATI Radeon 9700 card. I'm shocked. of course that's up to 1024x768, then the gap widens, but still good. I'm starting to think my card should be able to beat a Radeon 9500PRO... what do you guys think? Since the Radeon 9500 pro will be 128-bit memory.. I don't see it having an edge over my card.