• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have the FASTEST air-cooled G4 ti4200 in the world!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, faster than a Radeon 9500 pro, based on the current reviews, although once oc'd and a better driver is released, I think that the 9500 pro will beat such scores and a GF4 Ti4600.

Last edited:
NeoGeo said:
Yes, faster than a Radeon 9500 pro, based on the current reviews, although onced oc'd and a better driver is released, I think that the 9500 pro will beat such scores and a GF4 Ti4600.

Yeah I think it will beat a G4 ti 4600.. but my card beats a ti4600 with ease...

thats a good overclock. i think i'm going to have to pick up a crystal orb when i get my 9000 pro back, and put my newely made ramsinks on it. my overclock was heat restricted so i could only get 310/606

Deadphishy said:
thats a good overclock. i think i'm going to have to pick up a crystal orb when i get my 9000 pro back, and put my newely made ramsinks on it. my overclock was heat restricted so i could only get 310/606

well if it was heat restricted I wouldn't count on a Crystal orb helping you much. It might look good, but it sucks as a good cooler. I wouldn't use it. I don't think the G4 cores are really sensitive to heat. My card did 320MHz stock cooling. They used a cheap glue on the core with this blue orb cooler which sucks, yet 320MHz was no problem. With my volt mod and cooling I got 340.

340/640 Nice!!!

Nice OC maannn.... I wish my card can be overclock that high. You mentioned the use of 1K Ohm for voltage modification. Do you use the same value (1K ohm) for both GPU and Memory?

Do you know that when you use 1K ohm for memory, you are running around 4.08V for DDR? phew.... I hope the memory module is okay with such high voltage. Normally the DDR voltage for VGA card is around 3.30V.

Check out this picture to measure the voltage ( and how to overclock GF4 Ti4200 cards):

final_volt_mod_info.jpg

Or you may go to this thread for complete discussion on GF4 Ti4200 card modification:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1045

my Abit Ti4200 with stock cooling did 335-340 (i don't know exactly because i hadn't tryed it a lot with aircooling :D ) for gpu & 650-660 for mem... this wihtout any mod ;)

now without mod i run it with watercooling & 80w pelt at 360-365/670-675

this week if i'll have enought time i'll voltmod it ;) :cool:

for now i have only 16k in 3dmark ;)

Re: 340/640 Nice!!!

asw7576 said:
Nice OC maannn.... I wish my card can be overclock that high. You mentioned the use of 1K Ohm for voltage modification. Do you use the same value (1K ohm) for both GPU and Memory?

Do you know that when you use 1K ohm for memory, you are running around 4.08V for DDR? phew.... I hope the memory module is okay with such high voltage. Normally the DDR voltage for VGA card is around 3.30V.

Check out this picture to measure the voltage ( and how to overclock GF4 Ti4200 cards):

final_volt_mod_info.jpg

Or you may go to this thread for complete discussion on GF4 Ti4200 card modification:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1045

Actually I believe my memory is running at 3.6v not 4.08v.. And my core is about 1.81v from 1.66v.. this haven't gotten checked with a volt meter.. but I know they re pretty close to these numbers, if the memory was running at 4.08v it would get very very hot, yet mine doesn't even get warm.. IF you think I'm going to connect all those lines just to check the voltage it's nuts, not to mention it looks terrible..there must be a easier way. And I get 91343Dmarks at 1600x1200 in 3dmark2001SE :p

Kato said:
Nice:D
How much voltage are you feeding the GPU/MEM now? And did you use a 5k VR to mod them?

Man, soon I just have to force myself to Vmod too, heehee:D

you mean that ur card is so high w/o a volt mod :eek:

Dirty_Punk said:
my Abit Ti4200 with stock cooling did 335-340 (i don't know exactly because i hadn't tryed it a lot with aircooling :D ) for gpu & 650-660 for mem... this wihtout any mod ;)

now without mod i run it with watercooling & 80w pelt at 360-365/670-675

this week if i'll have enought time i'll voltmod it ;) :cool:

for now i have only 16k in 3dmark ;)

good lord!....and i thought my 9200 with a ti200 was good..nice oc/score man, thats prolly the highest one out there

HOT DDR modules

Does someone in this forum have problems with HOT memory modules? Especially with GF4 Ti4200 VGA cards? My Ti4200's DDR modules are running VERY HOT, so I have to add small HSF to tame the HOT modules. I don't voltage mod the DDR yet, but they are running very HOT especially when I close the casing.

The modules are Samsung "211" TC40.

Any comments? Thanks....

My memory is cool with no ramsinks @ 4v(barely warm to touch) . My GPU(1.9v) is cooled by a 80MM aluminum heatsink & a 48cfm 80MM fan :)

surly got the clocks right....they're in sig. I think my current 3dmark is 14972. That is a nice card you have there, Overclocker456...it looks like these Albatron Turbo's are smokin the Abits now tho :) 700+ on the memory w/o vmod...sssssmokin ;)

My VisionTek Ti 4200 will not go above 290/530 without hitting artifacts. WHY??? I cant stand it anymore... is it just my card or am I doing something wrong? Everyhting on the card is stock and my case temps dont usually rise above 35 degrees. I got 9555 3dMarks running it at 275/530 (stable) with my 1700+ at 1661 mhz. (151x11). I'm also having some PSU restrictions... I have a feeling im draining it... my 1700+ posts at 160 fsb and I can get into windows, but when I run 3dMark, even with the card at stock speed, it will lock up! I have not tried going higher than 275/530 since I got my AX-7 (artifacts at 290/550 with the stock AMD HSF). Now, the AX-7 is somehow diverting air and sending it right over the back of my video card... I think this will allow for a higher memory overclock (550 if im lucky) after I get a nice new PSU.

Back to my problem: Is it me or just my card (bad luck)?
-Wesley

Overclocker456 said:

Thanks. I'm using a OLD socket 370 cooler with a 25CFM low profile fan, I can't even hear it.

How did you manage to keep the profile on the board? and what temperatures are does the GPU go at?

Nice work though.. gotta hand it to ya..

moonwolf, maybe you need new power supply? coz your DDR speed "530" is not good, and the VGA's DDR speed depends on 3.3V lines. I don't know how powerfull your current PSU, but anything less than 350watts probably is not enough to power up CPU more than 2GHz.

Maybe you should check your 3.3V and 5V lines.

For example, my 400 watts generic PSU gives these numbers:

3.3V = 3.31 idle ........ 3.28 under loads
5.0V = 5.21 idle ........ 4.95 under loads
12V = 12.11 idle ...... 11.89 under loads

The best IF you can invest in 430+ watts PSU for today and tommorrow investments.

I intend to do that. I currently have an Enhance 350w (my full system specs are in my sig)... it puts out 220w combined on the 3.3v and 5v lines... my idle rails drop a little while I watch in bios.

Why would the DDR on the GF4 give me artifacts at speeds higher than 530... I mean... I don't see what that has to do with my power supply...

-Wesley

hmm, my XFX Ge 4 Ti 4200, 128 megs of Samsung 4ns ram (it was bought when only Ge4 4200 appeared, so RAM isn't that impressive, I wish I had one of these new XFX on ~3.3 ns ram) :
250/446 @ 320/620, no artifacts (but turned to 310/620 later as I got"injured" touching backside of card - was too hot)

What's funny?
No vmods, stock (crappy, almost no airflow) cooling, no heatsinks on ram. And what power supply? Crappy 300Watts no-name :)
This is OC :D

Why power supply matters? When I had my older 300Watt PSU, on lower OC - 300/600, according to ASUS probe, running codecreatures benchmark, my 3.3V line used to drop <2.8V (LOL).
But happily my PSU died, they replaced it with "brand new 300" and I have 20/20 more, with heavy 3.3V drop, but not so terrible :)

What was uber-hot:
-GPU
-RAM
-these "copper coils"
-mosfet
-capacitors
-whole card was uber-hot

So I'm preparing for all-card waterblock, maybe with TEC. My ram looks like it could handle 650 or more, but I rather won't make it run 700 :) As far, I haven't considered Vmods.

Back