• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have two ideas...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robbiem01

These ideas prob arnt good but I dont have the stuff to test them and maybe someone else will find it useful so here are some ideas if anyone wants to take them and claim it as their mod (I just thought of it, I dont deserve credit [thinking is easy, doing it is the credit-worty part])

1) Instead of using an expensive lcd on the front of your machine how about using an old palm or visor? Would that work? Is there any software for this?

2) I dont know much about watercooling but isn't the purpose of a resivoir to have cold water ready before you turn on your computer and then it will slowly get hotter and hotter until you turn the machine off? Well has anyone every tried cooling the resivoir with pelts? Put the cold end in the water and the hot end on the outside with a fan blowing one it. Would this work?

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Robbiem01 said:
These ideas prob arnt good but I dont have the stuff to test them and maybe someone else will find it useful so here are some ideas if anyone wants to take them and claim it as their mod (I just thought of it, I dont deserve credit [thinking is easy, doing it is the credit-worty part])

1) Instead of using an expensive lcd on the front of your machine how about using an old palm or visor? Would that work? Is there any software for this?

2) I dont know much about watercooling but isn't the purpose of a resivoir to have cold water ready before you turn on your computer and then it will slowly get hotter and hotter until you turn the machine off? Well has anyone every tried cooling the resivoir with pelts? Put the cold end in the water and the hot end on the outside with a fan blowing one it. Would this work?
1) technally it would BUT you would have to wire it to the computer somehow and make the software for it, i would rather buy the LCD :p (only $80 anyways)
2) it shouldnt get hotter and hotter if you have a radaitor cooling it. the Pelitier idea has been discussed before, it MIGHT work but you would require an insane amount of power to run the pelts and you would need loud fans to cool them which kinda defeats the purpose of watercooling.

nuclearmonkey

Registered
yeah, both of those would work fine, but neither are very practical. It would be easier to just use a normal LCD, and they do have devices called "chillers" I think it is, that cools the water comming out of the resevoir with peltiers