• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just don't understand VIA drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caravan

Registered
It says that if you install the 4in1 drivers that you don't need to install the bus master drivers, but when I do this the system doesn't identify my hard drives as what they are. If I download the bus master drivers seperately, then it sees that i have a maxtor drive, if I don't it just sees it as a generic drive.

Which is better? Will the bus master drivers still cause the problems with the 686B bug? Anyone with real insight reply please.

E

el

well you should use the latest 4in1 which are 4.31! I would get teh latest mobo bios and install the 4in1's. this will solve your 100mb file transfer bug with the 686b south bridge. I think there is also a via fix not sure if the new 4in1's will totally fix this huge error. try looking at viahardware.com they have all the info you want.

OP
C

Caravan

Registered
...So I souldn't instal the bus master drivers? Read the first post for more info.