• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got a GeForce4 MX440, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I just got the PNY GF4 MX440 and voided the waranty. My gpu goes upt to 365 stable and i stopped raising my ram around 500. I set it back down to 310/460 to be safe, but at those settings i only get 6749 in 3dmark 2001. Is that any good for my card? Ive never owned a MX440 before. Also some good utilities would be nice.

thats very good for your card....i cnat imagine that there are many people much higher than that......for tweaking i like NVmax and rivatuner www.guru3d.com will hook you up

Those scores were only at 310/460 so i can get much better, but what are the average scores for an mx440? also, you can throw your agp/pci speeds out of sync by oc-in your processor right? Could i use that to my andvantage?

In view of the fact that your card doesnt really support Direct x8 features, thats a good score. I doubt u will get much higher u less u get a NON MX GF3 or 4.

Some people here were arguing whether a GF4MX400 was better than a GF3ti200. The conclusion was that on 3DMark 2001SE, the GF3 ti200 was faster simply because it supported the direct X 8 features of 3D Mark 2001SE.

I picked this one out because it was 1:cheap 2:Had excelent ddr for it's price 3:didnt need the features.My friend thought i should have gotten an 8500Radeon. Do u agree? Or am i better off with this. Personaly, if u say my scores are that good, i think im gonna stick with this card. Then again, i had done a bit of registry tweaking to get those scores. Also, my card never seems to get more than luke-warm. Is that normal under stress? UT2003 kills it.

Samoyed said:
In view of the fact that your card doesnt really support Direct x8 features, thats a good score. I doubt u will get much higher u less u get a NON MX GF3 or 4.

they never made a GF3MX card. they made the GF3 original, GF3TI200 and the GF3TI500.

that's a pretty decent score for a MX440. average is about 5500-6000 on the ORB (there's scores that hit 8-9K but those are with insane overclocks)

Im playin it safe, i know i can get 550 ram, but 375 is about all the gpu has.i only tested, like i said, at 310/460 so i dont know what i could get. AND i didnt say anything about a G3mx

Sorry bout that. And do u realy have a tnt2? thats an artifact. I got my card for 85$, and i have an mx 200 around here with tv out, plays ut 2003 fine, for 30$. U can do better.

you should have gotten the 8500, if you can get 6750 with the MX440 you could have gotten upwards of 9000-10,000 with the Radeon8500....i can get 8350 with the system in my sig, and i have a celeron with sdram......but your score is good for your card...i think you may be able to break 7,000 but not much more than that

also to show your system click the user cp button at the top right and then click edit profile and itll show it....and the TNT2 is on his secondary rig :).....

Yeah man no question, you should have gotten an 8500. I don't think there's such a thing as "features you don't need" when you can afford them. 8500 is very affordable and is feature-rich.

If I were you I would sell the thing and get an 8500. It's just a better investment. Unfortunately I think you got fooled by the "GF4" name.

Yuriman said:
And do u realy have a tnt2? thats an artifact.

yep, that's my old trusty TNT2M64 32MB. i never had any problem with it. i don't play games on that rig so i don't really care about video performance, when i get a TI4200 my MX400 will replace it though.

for the record, that TNT2 will run every game that's out right now. you may not be able to run with high grapic settings but they do run pretty well. MOH:AA and RTCW run pretty decent considering the specs. (hehe, i let my brother use that one for lan games)

Back