• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got a P4 2.4B C1, and I'm not happy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Ran prime95 for 2 hours at 3.01 Ghz with no problems, also ran SETI CLC at high priority for 12 hours (some of the 12 hours were while surfing the net).

I'd consider running prime95 longer but don't want to screw up my SETI stats too badly!

I had to reduce my FSB down because system locked up under load at 169 and 170 FSB. I have not messed with the vcore yet, and my ram timings are as agressive as my mobo allows.

Have never exceeded 52C on the CPU Temp, even with stock HSF and stock thermal tape.

So now I'm testing the system at 168 FSB, 3.02 GHZ. Fingers Crossed!

micamica1217

eaglescouter said:
Ran prime95 for 2 hours at 3.01 Ghz with no problems, also ran SETI CLC at high priority for 12 hours (some of the 12 hours were while surfing the net).

I'd consider running prime95 longer but don't want to screw up my SETI stats too badly!

I had to reduce my FSB down because system locked up under load at 169 and 170 FSB. I have not messed with the vcore yet, and my ram timings are as agressive as my mobo allows.

Have never exceeded 52C on the CPU Temp, even with stock HSF and stock thermal tape.

So now I'm testing the system at 168 FSB, 3.02 GHZ. Fingers Crossed!

sounds nice.

you have some great memory there.

I have the same stick...yet I don't think I can run at that speed.

mica

eaglescouter

Oops, bragging rights reduced. System locked up, won't reboot, getting CPU faild message. Pressed reset, rebooted, mobo reset the memory timings to 2-3-3-5, (was at 2-2-2-5)

So the testing has restarted...again. I'm currently set at 167 FSB = 3.01 ghz at auto on the vcore.

Ram bandwidth =3388 MB/s 95% effeciency.

And I was just starting to feel like there was no limit to the overclockability of my system. I guess 3.01 is still a reasonably OC for a 2.4B C1. :clap:

lightbulb8817

Don't you guys dare talk bad about a C1 CPU! :p

cpuz.gif

I love my baby :p

lightbulb8817

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php#download

There you go.

Make sure you extract the files manually into one directory... like WCPUID.

I have more coming! I just discovered my Corsair PC3200 CAS2.5 512MB in my sister's computer can hit DDR 465!! I'm on my other computer right now while my 2.4B C1 computer is benching 3DMark.

eaglescouter

Nice little utility, thanks for the info.

Tonight I'll try to match your OC, I had not tried mem settings of 2-3-3-5 or 2-3-3-7.

Interesting that your P4PE provides lower cpu voltage than mine. I'm showing 1.568V so I guess I should be able to run faster?

What is your volatage on the ram showing?

lightbulb8817

eaglescouter said:
Nice little utility, thanks for the info.

Tonight I'll try to match your OC, I had not tried mem settings of 2-3-3-5 or 2-3-3-7.

Interesting that your P4PE provides lower cpu voltage than mine. I'm showing 1.568V so I guess I should be able to run faster?

What is your volatage on the ram showing?

I'm not using an Asus P4PE. I'm using an Albatron PX845PEV Pro :cool:

My board actually under-volts a little. I set the vcore to 1.65, but the vcore is actually around 1.6V.

I used 2.8Vdimm because that's the max I can set on this mobo. I was using the 2.5X ratio with 2.5-3-3-7 timings.

I love my Albatron PEV Pro :clap:

Last edited:

jarthel

eaglescouter said:
My 2.4B C1 is OC'd to 2.97 and no problems yet. I'm slowly raising the FSB to see how high she will go. Current Vcore as shown in Sandra is 1.62, temp during Sandra burn in or Seti 24/7 is 50 degrees C. FSB is now at 165 with mem timings at 2-2-2-5.

FPO/Batch: 72A2A668
Prod Code: BX80532PE2400DSL6EF
Version: C10670-001
Pack Date: 12/22/02

Can you please check the FPO/Batch code? I think you made a typo. Thanks :)

jayel

psyshack

going to let the smoke out.... I have a c1 2.0 @ 3.0.... It had to be at 1.775v to keep it stable.... Got scared so I droped it back down to 2.9 at 1.70v... well low and behold its now stable there at 3 ghz.... So there maybe something to the c1 ageing in like fine wine...

happy ocing
psy