• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got a PSP 2000/slim/lite whatever you want to call it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you tried the remote play features yet Fudge? I hear you are able to access things such as your movies or music over the internet off your PS3. Meaning with the new TV-Out feature you could use the PSP as a type of long range slingbox.

hmmmmm. I'll have to research that a bit further..... That would be really cool instead of getting a 8GB memory stick...

AHHH! I'M GOING CRAZY.

I saw Zexmarquies in a quote... and I saw "Sexy Marquies."

Freud would have a field day.

Shush you. You've done worse I know.

Back on topic... Did you have a reuglar PSP? If so, could you compare em?

I don't have one, but a friend of mine does. The thickness difference is noticable but not huge, the BIG difference is the weight. The old one feels like a brick and the new one feels almost hollow. They say the buttons and thumbpad are better but I can't tell a big difference. Another big difference is on the new one there is no eject button for the UMD door, it is a manual opening now. The biggest thing for me is the double-Ram, the H.264 support and the ability to charge via USB cable.

Wooah u can charge via USB Cable? Sweet... Man sounds like a nice improvement overall on the system, gotta look at exchanging mine for one.

Have you tried the remote play features yet Fudge? I hear you are able to access things such as your movies or music over the internet off your PS3. Meaning with the new TV-Out feature you could use the PSP as a type of long range slingbox.

Sony has their own version of the Slingbox that works with the PSP. i doubt they would give it that kind of functionality, BUT if it does I'd be very interested!

http://www.learningcenter.sony.us/assets/itpd/locationfreetv/index.html

Sony has their own version of the Slingbox that works with the PSP. i doubt they would give it that kind of functionality, BUT if it does I'd be very interested!

http://www.learningcenter.sony.us/assets/itpd/locationfreetv/index.html

Well I know you can play things like Music, or Videos saved on the PS3 via remote play, you can even play some games like Lair. I am just not sure if you can also play DVDs or Blu-Ray that are in the PS3 drive an not saved on the HDD.

Well I know you can play things like Music, or Videos saved on the PS3 via remote play, you can even play some games like Lair. I am just not sure if you can also play DVDs or Blu-Ray that are in the PS3 drive an not saved on the HDD.

Would be cool if you could and if you could get Slingbox like function on your PSP it would be a big, big plus for the combo. I just don't know if they would do it since it would be competing with one of their existing products and free to boot.

Would be cool if you could and if you could get Slingbox like function on your PSP it would be a big, big plus for the combo. I just don't know if they would do it since it would be competing with one of their existing products and free to boot.

That's exactly what it does. You set your PS3 up on the network and leave it on and then you can check out photos, music, and videos from any access point around the world.

I would be interested in seeing if you could run a program like RedKawa on the PS3 through Remote Play. If so then you could go as far as accessing all your media files saved on your computer.

Only launched in black here in the uk, silver ds lite is just about to launch so i wonder when silver and white psp's will surface

MY brother just bought one too. Does anybody know of a cheap/free program that will let him rip his DVDs to MP4 so that he can watch them on his PSP? It has to be simple as he is not very tech savvy. I use iSquint on the Mac. He found one that appeared to work, but it choked on the copy protection. To my knowledge it is not illegal to do this, he owns the movies, he just wants to watch them on the PSP. Others we've looked at have been too complex for him. If it gets into VOB files, conversion etc.... then it's too much.... he needs a simple 2-3 point and clicks.

Ahem...Pillow Pants? :p

Oh, and I use this for making mp4's for my Ipod: http://www.pspvideo9.com/

That plus dvdshrink works great for me.

Once he's done it once, its easy. Use dvdshrink to rip the movie into a folder, then fire up pspvideo9 and point it to that directory. Unfortunately with converting video, you will almost ALWAYS have to make some settings adjustments to fine tune the picture quality/file size/sound quality, but it is pretty straight forward.

By PSP format do you mean mp4? I hope so, because that's what my Ipod plays. Don't own a PSP. :(

Yeah. MP4. It says "Save to PSP format" but I don't think it plays fullscreen. Maybe... but I don't remember. I'm sure it would be fine for your little yuppie toy :p j/k

I was looking around Youtube and cannot find any links that say anything about PSPs. Is this with a plugin or extension?

Last edited:
I was looking around Youtube and cannot find any links that say anything about PSPs. Is this with a plugin or extension?

No. There should be something in a panel on the right. Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: I don't see it now. I think it was part of their beta thing. Because they had that link "Try the new Beta of this page" and one of the options was to download. But it's gone now. :(

Last edited:
Back