• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got my folding keyboard....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violineb

I just got my Fellowes Stowaway USB keyboard in the mail yesterday and I feel lik I'm going to have to learn how to type again. In other words I'll probably have to finally learn how to type using all the fingers in my right hand :p However just typing this thread, I can already say that this is an amazing keyboard. It's like a lapy keyboard but much much better. The keys are a bit to stiff for my liking but my mom likes it just fine :p
The worst is the less than 3 ft cord, but nothing a little modding can't fix :D

Overall 4.5 out of 5

FoxBat

That looks pretty cool. It looks similar to one a buddy of mine has for his Palm Computer. Are you using it for a portable or for your desktop?

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I got mine back in january and because of the feel of the key response it's the only keyboard I use now. All of the keys are nicely placed (especially the control and enter keys) and it simply gets more and more comfortable as you use it. It's really compared to the weird layouts of other not-as-small keyboards.

I give it a 4.95 out of 5. The only thing it impedes for me is windows-specific key functions that I used to do on my previous keyboard. But I don't miss those much.

violineb said:
The keys are a bit to stiff for my liking but my mom likes it just fine :p
The worst is the less than 3 ft cord, but nothing a little modding can't fix :D
The keys do losen up after a month or two. However their service life is much MUCH longer than a membrane keyboard.
If the cord were any longer you'd have serious problems stowing it. When at home using it I can either use a cable extension or simply plug the keyboard into the front of my machine (since it's on-top of my desk).