• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just want another 250 MHz, is that too much to ask?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChillPhatCat

Ok, so the second computer in my sig was doing pretty well @1817MHz and 1.95V, but when I went to run Prime 95 it cranked up to 58C which was not so happy! I had to back the voltage off to 1.82V to get an appropriate load temperature... and it BSOD'd I had to to drop back to 1648MHz :( and now it is 100% stable again. Of course I know that I'm being held back by voltage... I am pretty sure I could get to 1900 MHz, just need to cool it off well enough.

So, what size peltier do I need for this 1600 XP? I was hoping to dissipate enough heat from the TEC with the current cooling system... but that doesn't seem like it would work too well... might need to water cool that TEC, so would it be better to just flat out water cool this sucker? I'm trying to get to an under load temp between 40C and 50C.

So what do you all think?

How about a 226W @ 12V under an Innovatek Socket A cooler?

From my calculations my processor is putting out about 84W of heat @ 60 degrees and System temp of 39 w/ .25 C/W for my HSF.

ChillPhatCat said:
How about a 226W @ 12V under an Innovatek Socket A cooler?

I wouldn't recommend that you put a pelt under innovateks "v3" WB.
Maybe for their "flat-flow" model that i'll be ok.
The V3 has a round plug in the bottom which doesn't quite cover a TEC. /Paxmax

Back