• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just wasted 19.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

Instead of picking up the Crysis/Warhead combo from Steam for 29.99, I picked up MLB 2K9.

1. It keeps trying to load Net Frame 2.0 on Windows 7. It then fails because I'm on 64 bit. The gane loads anyway.

2. The controllers do not work. You are supposed to be able to use the analogue sticks for pitching. They don't do squat.

3. NO support on their web page to try to figure this crap out.

Anyone have this game and can use the controllers. If so, throw me a bone here.

Neuromancer

You try installing .NET on your own? Game should have a call for it to see that it is already there.

Just install 3.5 sp1 (64 bit does not matter, 64 bit OS runs 32 bit software fine...well usually ;) )

turbohans

I have no problem running the Steam Crysis package on Win 7 x64,,, BUT I did all the automatic updates first before installing them.

You can backup the download in the main steam program file menu using "backup games" to a folder on your HDD. (use huge disk size in selection to make one file)(also put the folder on desktop or somthin')

After that select the game, right click/delete local content/yes. Do the Windows update!!
Then open the folder (steam backup) and the executable in it,,, reinstall.

that should work.

Ohhh, and I use an offbrand Xbox 360 (wired) controler witch dosn't need to have anyhting done other than being plugged in.

ratbuddy

I have no problem running the Steam Crysis package on Win 7 x64,,, BUT I did all the automatic updates first before installing them.

You can backup the download in the main steam program file menu using "backup games" to a folder on your HDD. (use huge disk size in selection to make one file)(also put the folder on desktop or somthin')

After that select the game, right click/delete local content/yes. Do the Windows update!!
Then open the folder (steam backup) and the executable in it,,, reinstall.

that should work.

Ohhh, and I use an offbrand Xbox 360 (wired) controler witch dosn't need to have anyhting done other than being plugged in.

Go back and read the thread again.. Please..

Omsion

Are you doubting my ability to read or the relavence of my information?
In short, yes.

In long, the OP is talking about the fail of MLB2K9, which he picked up instead of Crysis, which he regrets. This was followed by amusing videos of more MLB2K9 fail. This was followed by your post, and then snark from ratbuddy and me. :p