• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know.. Cracking sound, already tried everything, Ryzen 3970x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

Hello there,

Unfortunately when it comes to audio my 30 Years of IT seam like bible study. For the love of all that's holy i do not understand how sound works these days.
I just finished setting up a beast of a PC and i still get crackling on Youtube even though i`m not even using the onboard soundcard.

I`m using HDMI - Yamaha RX-A3070 -> 9.2 Klipsch Setup

I've set everything to CD Quality, also unchecked let other apps take control. Also disabled all enhancements...still no go.
No i'm testing my HyperX Cloud headphones and they are also crackling...

Drivers are up to date! Also changed the HDMI cable 2 weeks ago, i'm at a loss.. should i use the SPDif out from the motherboard soundcard instead of HDMI?

Thank you!

bmwbaxter

Worth a try, but before you buy a cable. I would recommend just trying a pair of headphones from the front panel audio first. Just go one step at a time.

Zerileous

So you've tested multiple outputs and the same problems? Did you try font and rear panel for the headphones (assuming 3.5mm jack). You could try a thumb drive OS like one of the linux distros just to see if the same problem happens there (would rule in/out a software issue). HDMI is already transmitting a digital signal so if it's happening in both digital and analog already, I don't think using SPDIF (another digital signal) will fix the issue. This tells me its a problem that is occurring before the onboard DAC. It is possible that a USB DAC will bypass the problem components, but good ones are not cheap so it's best to figure out what is going on first.

It almost sounds like a grounding / isolation issue to me. Are all of the motherboard standoffs in use and screwed down? Could also be a short of some sort.

OP
SybrCLocK

SybrCLocK

I managed to fix it.. This time it was the idiot in me, that unticked install HD Audio Drivers in the Geforce installation process.. After installing the driver the cracking in my 9.2 is gone.
Thanks for the suggestions btw :)

Now i wonder if i should use 48kh / 172 / 192 / Atmos (which costs 15$)?

UltraTaco

It's usually 48-96-192:confused: in my case, I saw clear difference between first and second, but 192 didn't give any improvement to my ears.

OP
SybrCLocK

SybrCLocK

lowered to 48 but i still get some crackling.. i think it is the GPU which is giving me some weird issues...

habbajabba

Go spdif. Crackling sounds are generally dust between connectors somewhere. Software nor websites should ever bother the sound. It either works or it doesn't.

RJARRRPCGP

Welp, I have a major issue, where the SoundBlaster ZXR output keeps having cracking on my Gigabyte F2A88X-D3HP motherboard. I made sure the onboard audio was disabled.

I hope that don't happen with my MSI B450 Tomahawk!