• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know, I know a NOOB question again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brljak83

Hii too all,

first of all I am totaly new to this forum and this is also my first post with wich I want first off all say hello to all of you guys...

And second off all dont say search or you are a noob or what ever I need some instuctions if nothing at all I need to know what to seek..

So any help is a big welcome...

So, what i have googled till now and find out is that my old mobo is not good enough for good oc but my cpu as I have read is good for oc.

I want to oc my cpu as much as I can to see how much impovmet it will bring to me in game and usual of use.

This is my konfig...

Mobo the bad one first.... MSI P31 Neo
The ram would be 2x2GB PC6400 from qimonda latency is 6-6-6-18
GPU is the GTX 560 Gigabyte oc version 1GB ddr5
596GB Western Digital WDC WD6400AARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device (SATA)
233GB MAXTOR STM3250310AS ATA Device (SATA)
OS is windows 7-64bit
Also forgot to tell the PSU is the raptoxx extreme series e-bal rt-500 is a 500W
It can run for shortly on 624W - thats how I've been toled form raptoxx it self

And in the bios I looked and tried to oc but every time the same it just when trying to restart after bios gives me strange sound and it stays on black screen so no boot at all..I tried to stay within the 800MHz of ram and it was at 800 and lowered the multipler from max 11 to less like 9 and made dont know now what more so that I got in the end 3.2GHz but again nothing..

I just badly want to oc and what ever I do it always gives me this sound and doesnt boot and after trying to turn the pc on for few times it turns the default settings on with the red messege that the oc attemped failed...

So any one please help this is a good cpu to oc as I have read
Can it be that the mobo is soo bad to oc??:confused:

Last edited:
Uuuuups how could i forget that
Sorry
It is a E 8400 Core2Duo

Sorry again

Back