Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!
Nice, I have one on order, but it hasn't shipped yet. So I should get the.model b.
very interesting mine from the 4th is still open??Element 14 cancelled the order I placed on 5 October for my second Pi...
We're excited to inform you that the Raspberry Pi 256MB that you recently purchased has been automatically upgraded to the brand new 512MB at no additional cost. The new Raspberry Pi has double the RAM memory, which more than doubles the user accessible memory. To find out more about the technical benefits of the new Pi 512MB, see the highlights below or Click Here. We hope you enjoy the speed of your new Raspberry Pi-now on its way to you.
Visit our accessories page today and create your own starter kit. Learn more and see the Raspberry Pi in action at element14 community.
Raspberry Pi 512MB Highlights:
• i2s mod: Raspberry Pi has three independent i2s busses running on it. The decision to swap the two that are surfaced to P1 and S5 means the i2c available for expansion is less busy and more reliable. This allows the user to have a higher quality digital audio signal.
• USB output fuses removed: allows greater capacity to power external USB devices.
• Version ID links and Additional Expansion: Version ID links were included to read version ID, but are not ever used. Instead they have been redeployed to add extra 4 x programmable I/O lines.
• Current leakage from HDMI port: Fixed problem with CEC line in HDMI interface.
• New mounting holes: These can be used to properly mount the Pi in an enclosure or other rig. Note - Users risk damaging their Pi if they over tighten any retaining screws they choose to use.
Now this sounds good.
But, it'd be hard. Emulators usually require OGL, and the Pi has no OGL IIRC.
I've heard of folks using the RPi exactly for what you want to do, Cown.
I can tell the HD, as long as it's supported by Raspbmc, is smoothie.
So I set mine up last night and loaded Arch on a 2gb SD and I must say this thing is amazing!
I have yet to load any apps other than X at the moment but that will be a tonight project.
I am very tempted to buy many many more of these!
Yes! Exactly like that!
Working on installing Quake tonight then maybe Doom!
One of the main things I think I am going to use one for is a 35$ media Center. Use Pithos to play pandora music allover the house after I wire it up!