• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my AGOIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

Well I got rid of my ****e motherboard and replaced it with an Epox 8K3A and wow what a difference, I am already up to 1750mhz and that is without really trying :D

This is with only a little bit of playing around, my Crucial 266DDR is handling 333 just fine to :)

1750mhz for 51.99 from Newegg ;)

Last edited:
Congrats !! and nice choise (mobo), i replace my msi kt3 ulta-aru for this epox and i can say What a difference!! too, try getting 1.8 ghz. :D

Feuerkampf said:
I am already up to 1750mhz and that is without overclocking :D

That new board must be as amazind as you say it is :D
Seriously though it is good to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of a superior mobo. I upgraded my KT7A to a KX7 and am I glad I did!! I now run my xp1600 with a fsb of 192*9

I also have the Kx7 Agoia 1600+ combo and it rocks!!!, does 182 fsb locked, I may unlock it this week when my new heatercore comes and I switch to my new case

mamer

What was the mobo that you got rid of and what were its problems? Just curious so I can look out for that mobo.

Thanks

Tipycol

Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

Feuerkampf said:

Ignore that, in my excitement I posted pure gibberish :)

I meant to state without really trying.

You could always edit your original post.

Tipycol said:
What was the mobo that you got rid of and what were its problems? Just curious so I can look out for that mobo.

Thanks

Tipycol

It was a Gigabyte GA-7VRX, While I ran it with my Duron at stock speeds it was fine, however When I unlocked the Duron it wouldn't post at 133fsb unless I turned it on and off and on again.

The reviews of the board talked about how it had the 1/5th PCI Divider which is what I wanted, it's a KT333 board after all. However it turns out that the early reviews boards had that divider which was activated by a dip switch on the mobo but this feature was removed from the final retail boards.

The Epox 8K3A is a very sweet board, it sets you some pretty lofty goals too seeing it's capable of 255fsb :D

A superior mobo makes all the difference :)

Now I can laugh as my $51.99 1600+ with a Ti4200 benches the same as my workmates P4 2.4 and Ti4400 ;)

Feuerkampf said:

It was a Gigabyte GA-7VRX, While I ran it with my Duron at stock speeds it was fine, however When I unlocked the Duron it wouldn't post at 133fsb unless I turned it on and off and on again.

The reviews of the board talked about how it had the 1/5th PCI Divider which is what I wanted, it's a KT333 board after all. However it turns out that the early reviews boards had that divider which was activated by a dip switch on the mobo but this feature was removed from the final retail boards.

The Epox 8K3A is a very sweet board, it sets you some pretty lofty goals too seeing it's capable of 255fsb :D

A superior mobo makes all the difference :)

Now I can laugh as my $51.99 1600+ with a Ti4200 benches the same as my workmates P4 2.4 and Ti4400 ;)

K...thanks. Now I'll make sure I don't get that board.

Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

Feuerkampf said:

Ignore that, in my excitement I posted pure gibberish :)

I meant to state without really trying.

:) All I gotta say is I cant wait to see that thing after its overclocked. You better try for 2GHz with some WATER! Get out the garden house if you have too ;)

OC-Master

Feuerkampf said:

Thats what I love about AMD. Price and proformance plus the fun of pushing the limits. Sure you can OC Intel chips but the costs and risks make it scary. Right now I have a 1600 sitting in the drawer incase of a mishap. Not too many ordinairy joe Intel ppl can afford that.

Re: Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

OC-Master said:

:) All I gotta say is I cant wait to see that thing after its overclocked. You better try for 2GHz with some WATER! Get out the garden house if you have too ;)

OC-Master

Thats What I am hoping for, last night it posted at 1850 no problems until I loaded windows and the memory crapped out, after all it is PC2100. So for the moment 1750 is where it stands, but I really think I can get 1900 on air, So far the voltage is only at 1.80 so there is plenty there to try and coax it to higher speeds :)

What are you running for memory voltage?

Crucial is the cream of the crop stuff from Micron, and all of Micron's chips seem to like voltage when overclocking.

I run generic pc2100 with Micron chips (cheap as heck) and pound the voltage right to the ram: 3.2v on my Epox boards.....except for the volt-modded one which is at 3.4 volts:D

The ram is a bit of a hold-back, but that's why I modded one of mine: 2Ghz with pc2100 and 182mhz FSB.

If you haven't bumped that setting up yet, try it- if you go above 3v you may want to point a fan at the ram though. Mine doesn't get too hot, but I want it to last a few more years:D

I've been thinking about that, I popped up the voltage to 2.7 today and it got into windows without memory errors until I started to load 3DMark then I got a hard reset, Will more voltage solve this issue or is my power supply holding me back? It is only a 300W Powerman (I'm in desperate need of an upgrade I know ;))

Well. it may be a problem with your psu: every time you increase voltage on something it takes a little bit more from somewhere else.
My fastest rig has volt mods and volt mods to compensate for the volt mods!

At 2.1vcore and 3.2v ram I was good to 1900mhz with 4.85v lowest 5v line, but when I went to 3.4v on the ram, I started going under 4.8v.

Try changing voltages and see what kind of readings you get- do it all under 100% cpu load for accuracy/stability.
You might be ok with the current psu, but it may be holding yuou back: testing will answer the question.

Back