• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my AGOIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

Well I got rid of my ****e motherboard and replaced it with an Epox 8K3A and wow what a difference, I am already up to 1750mhz and that is without really trying :D

This is with only a little bit of playing around, my Crucial 266DDR is handling 333 just fine to :)

1750mhz for 51.99 from Newegg ;)

Last edited:

malon

Congrats !! and nice choise (mobo), i replace my msi kt3 ulta-aru for this epox and i can say What a difference!! too, try getting 1.8 ghz. :D

nightowl

Feuerkampf said:
I am already up to 1750mhz and that is without overclocking :D

That new board must be as amazind as you say it is :D
Seriously though it is good to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of a superior mobo. I upgraded my KT7A to a KX7 and am I glad I did!! I now run my xp1600 with a fsb of 192*9

Milkman

I also have the Kx7 Agoia 1600+ combo and it rocks!!!, does 182 fsb locked, I may unlock it this week when my new heatercore comes and I switch to my new case

mamer

Tipycol

What was the mobo that you got rid of and what were its problems? Just curious so I can look out for that mobo.

Thanks

Tipycol

Tipycol

Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

Feuerkampf said:

Ignore that, in my excitement I posted pure gibberish :)

I meant to state without really trying.

You could always edit your original post.

OP
Feuerkampf

Feuerkampf

Tipycol said:
What was the mobo that you got rid of and what were its problems? Just curious so I can look out for that mobo.

Thanks

Tipycol

It was a Gigabyte GA-7VRX, While I ran it with my Duron at stock speeds it was fine, however When I unlocked the Duron it wouldn't post at 133fsb unless I turned it on and off and on again.

The reviews of the board talked about how it had the 1/5th PCI Divider which is what I wanted, it's a KT333 board after all. However it turns out that the early reviews boards had that divider which was activated by a dip switch on the mobo but this feature was removed from the final retail boards.

The Epox 8K3A is a very sweet board, it sets you some pretty lofty goals too seeing it's capable of 255fsb :D

A superior mobo makes all the difference :)

Now I can laugh as my $51.99 1600+ with a Ti4200 benches the same as my workmates P4 2.4 and Ti4400 ;)

Tipycol

Feuerkampf said:

It was a Gigabyte GA-7VRX, While I ran it with my Duron at stock speeds it was fine, however When I unlocked the Duron it wouldn't post at 133fsb unless I turned it on and off and on again.

The reviews of the board talked about how it had the 1/5th PCI Divider which is what I wanted, it's a KT333 board after all. However it turns out that the early reviews boards had that divider which was activated by a dip switch on the mobo but this feature was removed from the final retail boards.

The Epox 8K3A is a very sweet board, it sets you some pretty lofty goals too seeing it's capable of 255fsb :D

A superior mobo makes all the difference :)

Now I can laugh as my $51.99 1600+ with a Ti4200 benches the same as my workmates P4 2.4 and Ti4400 ;)

K...thanks. Now I'll make sure I don't get that board.

OC-Master

Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

Feuerkampf said:

Ignore that, in my excitement I posted pure gibberish :)

I meant to state without really trying.

:) All I gotta say is I cant wait to see that thing after its overclocked. You better try for 2GHz with some WATER! Get out the garden house if you have too ;)

OC-Master

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Feuerkampf said:

Thats what I love about AMD. Price and proformance plus the fun of pushing the limits. Sure you can OC Intel chips but the costs and risks make it scary. Right now I have a 1600 sitting in the drawer incase of a mishap. Not too many ordinairy joe Intel ppl can afford that.

OP
Feuerkampf

Feuerkampf

Re: Re: Re: I love my AGOIA

OC-Master said:

:) All I gotta say is I cant wait to see that thing after its overclocked. You better try for 2GHz with some WATER! Get out the garden house if you have too ;)

OC-Master

Thats What I am hoping for, last night it posted at 1850 no problems until I loaded windows and the memory crapped out, after all it is PC2100. So for the moment 1750 is where it stands, but I really think I can get 1900 on air, So far the voltage is only at 1.80 so there is plenty there to try and coax it to higher speeds :)

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
What are you running for memory voltage?

Crucial is the cream of the crop stuff from Micron, and all of Micron's chips seem to like voltage when overclocking.

I run generic pc2100 with Micron chips (cheap as heck) and pound the voltage right to the ram: 3.2v on my Epox boards.....except for the volt-modded one which is at 3.4 volts:D

The ram is a bit of a hold-back, but that's why I modded one of mine: 2Ghz with pc2100 and 182mhz FSB.

If you haven't bumped that setting up yet, try it- if you go above 3v you may want to point a fan at the ram though. Mine doesn't get too hot, but I want it to last a few more years:D

OP
Feuerkampf

Feuerkampf

I've been thinking about that, I popped up the voltage to 2.7 today and it got into windows without memory errors until I started to load 3DMark then I got a hard reset, Will more voltage solve this issue or is my power supply holding me back? It is only a 300W Powerman (I'm in desperate need of an upgrade I know ;))

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Well. it may be a problem with your psu: every time you increase voltage on something it takes a little bit more from somewhere else.
My fastest rig has volt mods and volt mods to compensate for the volt mods!

At 2.1vcore and 3.2v ram I was good to 1900mhz with 4.85v lowest 5v line, but when I went to 3.4v on the ram, I started going under 4.8v.

Try changing voltages and see what kind of readings you get- do it all under 100% cpu load for accuracy/stability.
You might be ok with the current psu, but it may be holding yuou back: testing will answer the question.