• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made a dual compunurse (lcd thermo) 5 1/4 bay. check it out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice,clean looking job Mark. I don't undrstand why you would ever wnat to turn it off though. I would use the switch for a fan that is only needed occasionaly. How much did it cost you?

Well I think the dual compunurses were like 20, and i have a dremel.
I wanted an on/off switch b/c I don't like to run my cpu 24/7 (as it is a p3 700e slot1 oced to 1120mhz with an 86w pelt) I got those readings from my home temp. I live in AZ. Thanks guys.
mark

Looks good, man....

I have a dual myself, but one of the readouts doesn't work all that well (the numbers are very, very dim (I've replaced the battery).

So, having one good one, and a desire for a joyport on the front of my rig, I did something very similar to yours, but instead of the 2nd LCD, I cut a hole for the socket end of a joystick extension cable.

Works good, looks good, but the Superglue I used to hold the cable to the cd-bay cover plate didn't hold....need to re-glue it.

That's a great idea on the on-off switch. I don't run 24/7 either, and I'd like to do that myself to save on the battery. Eventually.......

Great job on that! Bet it looks even better installed.

Mr B

mark (May 18, 2001 12:25 a.m.):
Well I think the dual compunurses were like 20, and i have a dremel.
I wanted an on/off switch b/c I don't like to run my cpu 24/7 (as it is a p3 700e slot1 oced to 1120mhz with an 86w pelt) I got those readings from my home temp. I live in AZ. Thanks guys.
mark

DOH! I see. I thought it ran off of the power supply. Nice overclock!

where did you buy the dual lcds from
been trying to find some but ....you know.....CANT

That looks great! I have something like that in mind too, for my watercooling project.

I'd also like to know where I can get such LCDs, with black bg & red numbers and the ability to run them off the PSU.
I live in Finland, so no-one propably knows where to get 'em here.

i did the same thing except i couldnt wait for a dremel and i was way off cause i did it with a drill bit and a hack saw blade lol. (i have a cool fix for it though...)
i will be putting another nurse on either side for ambient and graphic card temp.

these models do not run off power supply, they have small watch size batteries in them. the really cool ones do run offa 12V line. I forgot where to get them also. i know they run off serial and/or printer ports. and you can have temp, rpm, winamp plugins, mbm5 plugins i think.
really cool, kinda expensive.
the dual compunurse from kd computer is only $20.00

mark (May 18, 2001 07:03 p.m.):
these models do not run off power supply, they have small watch size batteries in them. the really cool ones do run offa 12V line. I forgot where to get them also. i know they run off serial and/or printer ports. and you can have temp, rpm, winamp plugins, mbm5 plugins i think.
really cool, kinda expensive.
the dual compunurse from kd computer is only $20.00

this is really my first computer and gateway has been super and rma"d everything ive asked so ill always be attached to this one but believe me, when im done , youll never know it was a gateway!!!
and i cant wait to build one of my own from scratch like u folks but i think ill practice on this one first!!! lol
ill bet they would love to hear what ive done to it considering it isnt paid off yet!!!

i would say learn on what you can, gateways are good computers, they do have good service, but the computers aren't very upgradeable or modable. I have a problem with any computer that is not home-built. atleast it wasn't a compaq or e-machine or hp.

Back