• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made a mistake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pitspawn

Now i need advice.

I had an Epox 8K7A, the performance was good but I couldnt get far with the fsb. After 2 months of having the board, it died through power problems. So I looked for a new board.

I just bought an IWill XP333. To say i've lost fps in games is the understatement of the year. I have tweaked this board until i got bored :p But i cannot fix the memory bandwidth problems.

My epox board was giving me 750/900 odd scores in SiSoft 2k1 LE that was running 512mb @ 150fsb 8882222

Now im getting more like 530/670 in SiSoft running 512mb @ 170fsb normal 2/2

What the heck is wrong with this?

I've noticed that this board HATES any pci fsb above default. I have to run the PCI divisor very low like 1/5 and 1/6 or i get massive hard-drive slow downs.

Please, can someone offer a fix for this. If not im gonna send it back on monday. If there is no fix can you tell me which out of the following boards will give good mem performance and stability at high fsbs...

Abit KG7-RAID
Abit KR7A-RAID
Abit KR7A-133
Asus A7M266
Asus A7V266
Asus A7V266-E RAID
Asus A7V333
Epox EP-8KHA+

OK thats the list. Thanks for your help guys. Just to tell you how dire this really is ...

FPS in Tribes2 with Epox board was 50-80. I never dropped below 30 normally. FPS in Tribes2 with IWill board is 15-45.

Now i know how important mem bandwidth really is :p

like nikhsub1 said, i too don't know what the problem is and i wish i did so i could help you, but if you do get a knew board my vote goes to the 8KHA+ too. have you asked about this in the IWILL forums? i am sure that somewhere there could help you figure this out- sorry i can't.

Back