• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need a absolute silent power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeon

Registered
anyone out there know where i can find an absolutely silent power supply that's ATX, and at least 300watts? i'm just sick of my generic loud *** ps, can anyone help??

Take your generic POS, cut the grill out, replace the fan with a quiet sunon model, and put a wire grill on it. You will notice the difference.

This is a good one for UK dwellers - use a 300W power supply from MOREX based in Cannock, Staffordshire.

They are a rebadged cheap R.O.C built unit but are very, very quiet and more importantly deliver a very stable supply of power (which is measured in W as an SI unit!!!!)

The Morex power supplies can be purchased from http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk and are priced very well at less than £15.00 plus VAT.

This makes them the cheapest 300W PSU in the UK and also the quietest.

This is where i got mine. http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com the 486 fan on my v3-3k makes more noise than the PS does now. Plus its rated at 300w but everyone says its more like 350w. they have all different kinds of PS here and a program you can run through inputting your system and it will recomend one for you. check it out before you buy anywhere else.

Go with an Enermax, they are completely silent, temperature controlled fans, they have models 276-650 watt

Dimmreaper - What does the average CFM have to be to replace the power supply fan? I have a couple sunon fans and I know their quiet, but I don't know if they will push enough CFM to cool the PS. Mine is only a standare 250watt PS.

aznboi64 said:
Dimmreaper - What does the average CFM have to be to replace the power supply fan? I have a couple sunon fans and I know their quiet, but I don't know if they will push enough CFM to cool the PS. Mine is only a standare 250watt PS.

Lemme squirt in a quick answer here. It depends, are you using the PSU exhaust fan to augment case ventilation or do you have case fans galore and the PSU fan just ventilates the PSU? I'd say go with anything above 20CFM if you're just cooling the PSU. They don't get really hot. If you're using it to cool the case also then put in a 40-50CFM fan....H1A Panaflo, Sunon, Papst, Rotron, whatever. 12 volts and 80x25mm is all you need to ensure it has.

Back