• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MCBTunes

Registered
I've got pricey pair of studio monitors and running onboard sound has been causing the static/hum problem with my Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe. I posted regarding this problem in the mobo forum, I got a few good suggestions but to no avail.

I suppose I will need a card but I am struggling a little. I'd like to stay under $200, I'd like a remote to control volume/media, I run a stereo setup, but I would like the ability to run surround sound(into a receiver) so I don't need to carry my speakers upstairs with me to watch movies on the big screen, but this and the remote are not a must if they drive the cost way up.

Edit: my speakers have XLR, rca and TRS inputs.

I do a little audio recording via a firewire audio interface, I play a few games, watch the odd bluray and use my computer for music playback so I would like relatively good audio out quality.

I've heard that it is wise to avoid Creative, I don't know why. And honestly, I don't know anything about audio formats/HD audio etc. I am prepared to wait if something better is coming out before September as long as the static sound isn't hurting my speakers. Do you have any advice?

Sarsbaby

Disabled
I don't see ( or hear ) anything wrong with Creative. Creative Labs has been putting out great sound cards since the mid 1990's. Just don't get something cheap, that's all.

Heck, even video cards have High Def. sound anymore.