• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a CHEAP video card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattTheMan

Registered
I'm getting the pink screen of death with my g4 ti4200, so i'm going to have to send it to gainward to get a new one. But in the meantime I need a card so that I can still use my comp. I don't need to play games, I just need to be able to start up the computer, and surf the internet, check email and use word. Does anyone know where I can get a really really cheap card from?

Anaxagoras1986

Pricewatch.com has really cheap cards. But if your going to need one right away, you should go to compusa or bestbuy and get some junker TNT2 or Rage128 or something along those outdated lines.

xbiker321

the Geforce 2 mx series are extremly cheap...and you can still play direct x and open gl games. obviously not at maxed out graphics like you would with the geforce 4 ti 4200:rolleyes:

Kid Payne

gta3 my favor!! said:
you should probably use on-board graphics

Does every mobo come with onboard graphics? :rolleyes:

matt
If you don't have onboard graphics, and since you have a good card already, I'd recommend a cheap alternative like this at newegg
ALBATRON TNT2 M64 (NVIDIA TNT2 M64 GPU), 32MB SDR for $31 shipped.

Anaxagoras1986

Ya thats what I was saying. An old TNT2 would do fine as a substitute or a short period of time for a really cheap price.

Deadphishy

ha same thing is happening to me right know, but i had an old S3 Virge lyen around (worst card everrrrrrrrrr). i wish i never sold my tnt2

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
check ebay, if you REALLY dont want to game you should be able to get a CHEAP pci 2D card for under 10 bucks shipped.

deez

just call your local computer shop(s) and ask them the price for their cheapest vid card. You can probly find an old one for $10 or less