• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need A Geiny-pig With KT7A Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I need someone with a KT7A to test out an AthlonXP 2400+ or 2600+ CPU.

Since the 2200+ T-breds work, I was wondering how the success with the B revisions T-breds would do.

COMEON, there's gotta be a pig out there somewhere. I was the geiny-pig for a Pally test with an XP1600+ which resulted in success thankyou very much ;)

BTW, I'm referring to the earlier revisions of the KT7A(Rev1.0~1.2)

OC-Master

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Bump!

Anyone out there who would attempt this upgrade. I mean this is well worth it especially if you have a Duron or Original Athlon CPU.

What I want to do is get the multiplier as high as possible then run the FSB at 144MHz which is the highest this board will go before I loose the AGP stability at 4X.

OC-Master

SpyderMatrix

who is going to supply the cpu as i have the board in my sig and a second rig running the kt7a-raid v1.0 with a duron 900 on it right now

shadowdr

i would like to be the one and had planed to do just that but the west coast port shutdown has hurt badly(darn union).i have lost half my usual income over the last two months so all the money i make till christmas will go towards the kids this year.had also planed to build a new woden case and update mb as well.i guess ddr will have to wait.oh well at least the jhighpoint 2.34 has drastically increased my hard drive score,i got a 37543 in sandra.

Last edited:

SpyderMatrix

well i have the resources so that if i fry my board i am not stuck without a computer i would wait until your on your feet again til you try something like this i would hate for you to fry something while trying to get it to work and all so please let me try

SpyderMatrix

oc do you have a person to do this yet or not as i was waiting for an answer here for sometime now

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
I'd be more than happy to, just don't have the CPU... :(

BUT I -am- headed to the Extreme Performance Project in Minneapolis on Thursday so cross your fingers. If I (or my roommate) wins one, it'll definitely have a go-round in my board.

sb

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

SpyderMatrix said:
oc do you have a person to do this yet or not as i was waiting for an answer here for sometime now

Nope, nobody yet. I was thinking of asking my friend if I could borrow his CPU for the day.

But I think I'll wait for SickBoy ;)

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Any Geiny-pig's out there? :) I need someone to lay down information on how well the T-bred B's work on the KT7A motherboards :)

OC-Master

7keys

I have looked at a bunch of sites to find someone that has tried a 2400+ in a KT7A but to no avail. I want to upgrade my KT7A to a thoroughbred also but am waiting to see what others get from them first.

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

7keys said:
I have looked at a bunch of sites to find someone that has tried a 2400+ in a KT7A but to no avail. I want to upgrade my KT7A to a thoroughbred also but am waiting to see what others get from them first.

I know someone who personally is running an AthlonXP 2200+ T-bred A with complete success.

He even got the CPU overclocked to 144MHz FSB (13.5 X 144). What I'm wondering is what happens when you venture into the higher speed T-breds with the B revision. I wonder if my KT7A will handle MHz speeds far behond 2GHz.

OC-Master

7keys

So it’s not true that older boards don’t recognize the multiplier settings of the Tbreds?