• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a good, primarily single player, game to keep me busy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

ok, I'm bored, and I'm looking for something to do with my new PC, I want a good game. Single player fps, if it also has multiplayer, then thats good too. But I want a rich single player experience. Not something like UT2003.

I was looking at MOH:AA. Is it anygood? how bout RTCW? I really like WWII games. I'll probably get NOLF2 soon, but for now I'm looking for a cheaper game that will hold me over.

Any suggestions?

john240sx

MOH:AA is one of the best single player games that came out in the last couple years imo. if you don't have theis game then definatly get it.
RTCW is pretty good but lacks the realism that MOH:AA has. very good game though. multiplayer is better on this one compared to MOH:AA.

another game i would look into is Hitman 2. it's a new game so it's not going to be cheap. (i would expect to pay around $40)

eab

If you like WWII games MOHAA is a great game! I palyed it over and over through (maybe thats because it was the only new FPS game I had). Its a good game though, and its got a good multi player too. Sort of like DOD but there is deathmatchs and other modes of play then capture the flag. Oh if you get it grab some blood mods for it right away. Makes it more fun and realstic.

Other good single player games that I have played are:

Jedi Knight 2

Solder of Forturne 2 (taking peopls heads off with a shotgun is a great stress reliver!)

Halflife (old but good)

Halflife has a bazilon single player mods for it that greatly extend the life of that game!

OP
gingo

gingo

Thanks, time to pick up MOH:AA.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

illwillchill

I love mohaa but the single player is kind of hard (beware of the snipertown level) i would highly recommend it for multiplayer more than the single player though, there are alot of cheaters out there though which should be fixed by the expansion Spearhead coming out NOV 12

TheFrag

get jk2 if you dont have it. I really only play mulitplayer FPS's, but this single player was excelent. I didnt like RTCW, the zombies made it sucked. Now if it was all round nazi-killing-action, that would be a dofferent story. mmmmmmmmmm.........dynamite.............

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Its not an fps but its a 3rd person RPG.
Vampire The Masquerade: redemption
It has a VERY GOOD single player game. The storyline is most excelent :)
And nowadays the game can be had for very cheap, it was made in '99 but still has very good graphics.

Daemonfly

If you're getting MOHAA, then I'd also suggest Battlefield 1924.

If you like RPGs, then I'd suggest Morrowind. It has beautiful graphics and will suck you in for months unless you "powergame" it and just do only the main quest to "beat" it.

baqai

Try

NOLF 2
Hitman 2
Dungeon Siege (A Fun easy RPG)
JK2
MOHAA
Mafia

anyone of the above is going to keep you busy, among all of the above i have stated shortest gameplay (time to finish the game) was NOLF2 and i guess the longest was Mafia (this excludes DS as i havent finished it, got formatted so i have started playing it again from scratch)

everyone of the above games kept me busy :)

Gnerma

For single player experience...

Serious Sam 2
(has a fun co-op mode too, great for online play or lan parties)

Grand Theft Auto 3
(only if you have a nice system)

Anachronox
(yeah Anachronox, you should be able to find it for 20 bucks or less, not a bad RPG. Has a real 'console feel' to it)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
(the only thing that really bugged me about it was the draw distance)

nightowl

Right guys I am also looking for a decent game and this thread looked like the place to get some info. That was until I ran into all these acronyms. I have decoded rtcw and jk2 but what is MOHAA and NOLF2?

BigRed

Caffinated Member
nightowl said:
Right guys I am also looking for a decent game and this thread looked like the place to get some info. That was until I ran into all these acronyms. I have decoded rtcw and jk2 but what is MOHAA and NOLF2?
MOH:AA
Medal of Honor: Allied assult

NOLF2
NoOneLivesForever 2