• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a little advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rogue

This is my first attempt EVER at overclocking. I'm not used to being on the newbie end of computer related issues, but here I am. I need some help here.

Here are my system specs:

Athlon T-Bird 750MHz
Voodoo 5 5500
128MB PC-133
Abit KT7-RAID
SB Live! X-Gamer

Here is what I want to do. I have been browsing the site for a while now and I have seen people with 750 T-Birds hit 1.2GHz. I want to push my 750 as close to that as I safely can.

Now I am heading out to the store right now to buy the cooling equipment that I will need to pull this off. I just have a few questions:

1) What is the highest and lowest temperature Celcius that I can safely operate at?

2) How do I prevent condensation from forming inside the case when I drop the temperature?

3) Give me ANY helpful tips you can think of, I will GREATLY appreciate it.

To those of you who respond, thank you. :)

Look through this site there are articles here that cover all your questions. Is your cpu core blue or green? green=maybe 1 gig if you are a little lucky but blue can put you over a gig most of the time. I am running a blue 800@1100 1.85v and it has yet to crash even after days of torture, may go higher haven't tried yet going to burn in good where its at now. Also good cooling is a must I use water but for air go with a swiftech, globalwin, or alpha I listed them in the order in which i rank them.

Are there any articles on how to set up a water cooling system?

If I can learn how to setup a water cooling system I'm there and building one.

Back