• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a little advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oo_7

Greetings,
Its been awhile since i have upgraded my pc due to spending all my money on getting married this year, but i have just gotten myself a 6800GT graphic card with Pci Express and this calls for an Upgrade of my pc as i dont have the Pci Express slot.

I have always been a fan of Abit boards, and was looking at getting the Abit KN8-Ultra along with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Socket 939 (512KB). What i would like to know is how do the boards stand up to what eles is on the market? Is there another main board that you would recomend instead of this one?

I hope to head down to my local pc shop 1st thing tomorrow (hate having new toys and i cant yet play with them) :p

Thanks in Advance

You know abit and asus boards are usually safe boards, but the board considered to be the best enthusiast board is the dfi lanparty series, but the thing with those is that they are meant for the people who are willing to put the work in to get a good overclock. So if your not going for the best overclock a abit or asus board with a nForce 4 chipset should do well.

also take a look at the opterons instead of the athlon, recently AMD made the 100s series available on the socket 939 boards, the good thing about it is that it overclocks higher then the athlon 64

Back