• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a new "HTIB"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

Home theater in a box for those who don't know (HTIB). One upon a time and long ago I had a htib. Then it broke and I got another. I wired both sets of speakers for each channel in parallel and the subs in series. I'm pretty sure the math worked out at the time (I'm not a stereo math type :D), and my htib worked for many years. Then it broke. And I replaced the htib with a decently reviewed and modern receiver. For the purpose of this thread let's sat it gets 100w/channel. The actual specs elude me at the moment and I am on mobile data.
All of the satellite speakers in this system are a) 3inch and b) already wired. Except for the one that scratches and pops. That one has to die. And so it might just be time to start looking at upgrades.

What I want to do is get a set of "vanilla" /middle of the road/fair quality /while also not too expensive replacements to swap into the existing system. The boxes are already mounted. The wires are already ran. Speaker positions are already as good as they will get. So while I don't have a budget in mind and don't mind saving for a good driver, I'm not real sure where to start my search because I'm not really an audiophile. I do think my ears will mature while I own this set though so I do not want basement quality.

TLDR: I need new 3 inch speakers that are fair quality but won't break my wallet too much

Back