• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need a value video card-gf4mx440 vs gf2ti vs 7500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamseankoe

Registered
can any 1 tell me more about these 3 video cards????

i heard that the new gf4 mx440 sucks?but its priced same as gf2ti
?????any commentss??

a new video card for my rig:
tb 1.13
abit kt7a
384mb kingmax pc133 kingmax
currenly Voodoo 3

funnyperson1

speed wise and performance wise, they are all about the same....you wouldnt see a performance difference.....

id personally get the 7500 because the Geforce2 has crappy image quality comapred to Radeons

Akumu X

when you say "value" how much are you looking to spend?
or do you mean "best value card"? cause some of the GF3Ti200's go for like $140 or so. That's "value"

funnyperson1

Akumu X said:
when you say "value" how much are you looking to spend?
or do you mean "best value card"? cause some of the GF3Ti200's go for like $140 or so. That's "value"

i think he just wants a cheap card :)...

RoadWarrior

Hi Sean,

I just posted a similar question I have a voodoo 3 that O/Cs well and I am having trouble seeing a budget card that will be worth spending money on. I mean, there's cards I'd buy if I didn't have one, but to spend $150 to get maybe only 30% more perfomance isn't my kind of crap shoot.

Why do ATI underclock their Radeons in the all in wonder cards!??!! I was thinking of a 7500, if I could stretch to the all in wonder for the capture and output features, but then realised the sucker was clocked lower than the regular 7500, aaargh!
That might put it in the "barely noticable" upgrade category for me.

Road Warrior

funnyperson1

RoadWarrior said:
Hi Sean,

I just posted a similar question I have a voodoo 3 that O/Cs well and I am having trouble seeing a budget card that will be worth spending money on. I mean, there's cards I'd buy if I didn't have one, but to spend $150 to get maybe only 30% more perfomance isn't my kind of crap shoot.

Why do ATI underclock their Radeons in the all in wonder cards!??!! I was thinking of a 7500, if I could stretch to the all in wonder for the capture and output features, but then realised the sucker was clocked lower than the regular 7500, aaargh!
That might put it in the "barely noticable" upgrade category for me.

Road Warrior

umm actually the 7500 and Gf2 Tis are much more than twice as fast as the Voodoo3s....

6502kid

Get a Gainward Ti450 Gf2.

I got mine for 97 bucks. It OC's to 275/515 with
no problems.

Scored 5055 last time I ran 3dm2001, 1024x768x32.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
GF2 Ti

Leadtek GF2 Ti clocked to 286/524. Stable running games at cpu speed & settings which score around 5900 in 3dmark2k1. I don't know about the image quality argument... I've only compared my card to a radeon 7200, and while the Ati's colors were deeper, it's easy to use 3rd party software or an overlay effect to brighten the colors. Geforces can also be converted into Quadro's, if you do any proffesional 3d graphics applications, that kind of mod is a big plus!

The 7500 may have slightly lower fps than a GF2 Ti, but it does feature dual monitor support and high resolution TV-out. Some really great features IMO! And everyone seems to think 2d graphics and fog/smoke just look better on ATi cards.

On madonion I rank about the same against Geforce 2 Ultras and Geforce4 Mx440's as I do against GF2 GTS/Pro/Ti's, for XP cpu's at nearly the same speed. So far Ultras and Ti's have out-benched MX440's in simialr set-ups... my 2 minutes of browsing the ORB and my $.02

Last edited:

]-[itman

Re: GF2 Ti

Arkaine23 said:
In fact I'll probably sell my current card for an 8500 in the next 3 or 4 months.

Man, maybe we could have our own little contest with those cards as well? Lol you asked me earlier what i thought my next card was going to be and i said i wasn't sure yet. Well, after i thought about it, i decided the 8500 was right for me lol. I really want a GF4Ti4200(when it comes out) but i am on a VERY tight budget at the moment so i couldn't spend 5 more dollars on anything. Anyway, i'll be getting the 64mb version sense the 128mb version(same goes for the GF3128mb's)is just a waste of money.

As far as which of those 3 cards, the gf4mx440 will be the fastest out of the 3(maybe a %5-%10 increase over the GF2Ti), but not worth the money. If you are going to spend that much money on a card, then you might as well get a gf3Ti200 with all the better features. The GF4MX series does use the nv17 core but it does incorporate a few of the GF4's new features, but not many. Between the GF2 and 7500, both are great cards! The GF2 will be faster but the 7500 should look better. I agree with Arkaine, if you are going into graphic creation and such then i'd go with the GF2 since you can use the Quadro hack and it will be faster for that kind of work.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
3dmark competition

Yeah, not enough GF2 Ti's on the 3dmark team yet, and the site's still down.... Which 8500 were you looking at? I'm saving my pennies right now for the Gigabyte or Ati retail 8500... the model that sells for about $160. I can't find the Gigabyte card anywhere though, it's supposed to have 3.3ns memory.

Now if I can just get all my software installed and figure out the right OC settings on my new motherboard, the competition will resume. Darn NIC is stopping my FSB at 150! Or maybe its that the ambient temps in my house have gone up 5 or 6C since I had my AK31.

RoadWarrior

Arkaine

I've got some C/Net NICs that do good on o/c'ed socket 7 systems @ 83/2 on the PCI bus, they're cheap enough. Not had troubles with them. I think they have a lifetime warranty and 99.98% uptime guarantee on them too fwiw.

OP
I

iamseankoe

Registered
price

here is price list:(estimated)

$78 - GeForce2 TI 64MB
$88 GeForce4 MX 440
$78 - RADEON 7500

so.....which is fastest among 3 of them??i am very confused....

Accursius

Registered
personally id go with the gforce3 ti200 over all of them but im finda partial to nvidia anyway the frame rates are better and the texturing is alot smoother than the radeon

Cisco Kid

Re: price

iamseankoe said:
here is price list:(estimated)

$78 - GeForce2 TI 64MB
$88 GeForce4 MX 440
$78 - RADEON 7500

so.....which is fastest among 3 of them??i am very confused....

Flat out the 7500 has the most to offer, you do not have to bother "hacking" your card and risk chance of running it, at madonion.com the 7500 hold the top spot for a P4 at 2.2 when compared with the exact same system using a G2 Ti200, when the chip is AMD based the G2 Ti200 posts the higher 3 Dmark score by a few hundred points, not a big deal.

The G2 Ti200 is faster in open gl although not by much, image quality is better on the 7500, things look more realisttic such as smoke and fog, 7500 offers dual monitor and HDTV support with TV out at 1024x768 which is sweet everyone else is pretty much stuck at the "old 800x600" besides the 8500 series cards.

No issues with 7500 drivers at all, the card overclocks well and is pretty much the equal of a G2 Ti200 , silghtly behind in a few fps however nothing the eye can tell. It offers a bit newer technology and supports some DX8 features although not all, it is mostly DX7 based.

Add a TV tuner capture card on and you have a great video card as I have done,but if you can wait save a few more bucks and get a retail 8500 for around $130-140 smokes the 7500, G2Ti200, G3Ti200 and is the equal of a G3 Ti500 but slower all than the new Ti4600 cards.

Tha pretty much sums it up.

Cisco KId

Tracert

Well said, Cisco.

"Hurump, hurump, hurump, hurump.

Hey, I didn't get a hurump out of that guy!

Give the Mayer a hurump!

Hurump, hurump!

You better watch your back."

Accursius

Registered
Ok now its gonna sound like im being an *** but im not....ive run all three cards and out of the three youre right.......the 7500 does handle a "bit" better using a p4 but if youre using an amd youre gonna want the gforce....but stay away from the gforce4 mx440...the clock speeds are 166 gpu and 250 memory...thats as bad as a voodoo 5 5500...i have a friend that uses a gforce 256 and an amd tbird 1.4 and it walks all over my Gforce 2 GTS using an amd duron 850 o\ced to 952. (well mabey not walks all over it. it does a little better in 3dmark 2000) but if you want a good card i would go with the gforce...besides, if youre not happy with it you should be able to take it back to the store......either way youre gonna do what youre gonna do, but i strongley recomend the nvidia chipset over the ati...(oh yeah....if youre not very good with driver setup and hardware diags, i wouldnt go with the radeon..esspecially if they are like the rage furry maxx....those cards are a pain in the *** to get working right) hope i was helpfull and if not you can get a hold of me at [email protected] in msn messenger..did i mention i build heavy gaming systems :>:DGforce 2 GTS

funnyperson1

Accursius said:
Ok now its gonna sound like im being an *** but im not....ive run all three cards and out of the three youre right.......the 7500 does handle a "bit" better using a p4 but if youre using an amd youre gonna want the gforce....but stay away from the gforce4 mx440...the clock speeds are 166 gpu and 250 memory...thats as bad as a voodoo 5 5500...i have a friend that uses a gforce 256 and an amd tbird 1.4 and it walks all over my Gforce 2 GTS using an amd duron 850 o\ced to 952. (well mabey not walks all over it. it does a little better in 3dmark 2000) but if you want a good card i would go with the gforce...besides, if youre not happy with it you should be able to take it back to the store......either way youre gonna do what youre gonna do, but i strongley recomend the nvidia chipset over the ati...(oh yeah....if youre not very good with driver setup and hardware diags, i wouldnt go with the radeon..esspecially if they are like the rage furry maxx....those cards are a pain in the *** to get working right) hope i was helpfull and if not you can get a hold of me at [email protected] in msn messenger..did i mention i build heavy gaming systems :>:DGforce 2 GTS

the nesest drivers for the radeons are quite good....much better than any Ati has previsouly produced....probably even as good as the dets....

funnyperson1

Accursius said:
ok thanks funny, i wasnt sure cause its been a long time since ive used a radeon

no prob what ive heard recently is that sometimes people have trouble getting the drivers installed....normally this happens if they install drivers off the internet first and not the ATI cd first.....but ivbe heard the once they do get installed they run flawlessly for the most part.....

though i am biased because of all the s*** this stupid Geforce2 has put me through....:mad: :beer: