• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help setting up my WET11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Well, my OS is Windows XP Home. Anyways, I bought it to use for my x-box so i could FTP to it. Now, our Wireless netwrok has WEP enabled, so according to the manual, i have to run the setup wizard. This is where the problems start.

No matter what I do, the qwizard tells me it cannot find it on the network. It is connected right to an ethernet cardwith the provided cat5 cable and is set on the "cross mode" or whatever it is called (The one for if you are connecting it to an ethernet card). The computer I am trying to configure i ton is hardwired to our wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) through the same ethernet port I am trying to configure this on. Is there anything I need to chage so it will read it? When I plug it it all of the lights flash up except DIAG. Has anyone configured one of these on windows xp? If so, could you possibly give me some good instructions on getting it to work (Unlike the manual :rolleyes: )

Thanks.

AC Slater

Hmmm...that's odd. I've had my WET11 since August of 2002 and setup with XP Pro has always been a piece of cake. I'll go do it again later today and see if I come across any problems.

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

Well, i figured out how to use the web based thing with it- I just needed to plug it into the router... however I did something that it apparently didnt like and now it wont let me use it any more.... I switched to use DCHP in the settings. Now whenever I try to access it, it says it cannot find it... Wait, is it possible it is because it caused it to change its IP address?

EDIT: Hmm I guess that was it, I reset i and now I can get to it again. Ill try it again to make sure...

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

Hmmm... has anyone else had a problem where you cant access the adapter with the web based utility when DHCP is enabled? When I enable it, it no longer am able to access th ething because I guess it changes it's IP address. How do I figure out what this new IP address is?

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

bah I solved it. Turns out I had my xbox set to DHCP. i dont know why I did that, but it did make it so I didnt know what the IP is. Just set it to static IP an dnow I can FTP :) Kinda sucks having to burn a whole new boot cd at 4x just to change the word No to Yes in one file -_-