• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help with a folding presintation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I need help with a folding presentation

I ask the owner of the company I work for if I could borge some of the 30+ computers at the office. He seemed fairly interested and ask if I could put together some information about folding so that he and the IT guys can look into the possibility of including folding into the soon to be updated network.

The owner of this company is by nature a generous man (Example: he donated over $1mil towards the construction of a local libarary a couple yrs ago)and I feel I have a 75% chance of succeeding if I can put together a good detailed presentation.

I'm new to folding and could sure use some quick help. If you know of any links to printable pages that explain folding, the program, risks to networks, the benifits and accomplishments and any other info you feel my be pertinant please post here. Also I'm not experienced at compiling presintations so if you have info that could help me with that I would be most appreciative.

I'm thinking about a 5 to seven page document. Anything less I think would not be enough to get all the info in and much more then that would probably get repetitive. What you think guys.

Hopeing to add up to 30 rigs to team 32

Tismedt

OP
Tismedt

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I'm thinking more of a printed presentation. Something I can drop off and let them look over and then meet to answer any questions. I dont work in the office. I am a field foreman and try not to go to the office if it is avoidable. I'll sure spend some time there if I get the go ahead for this though. I figure 2hrs a night for 3 or 4 nights ought to do it. But I shouldnt put the cart before the horse.

OP
Tismedt

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I saw the letters and think they leave a lot of questions unanswered and raise even more. I am hoping to find something with details but not so much that it takes hours to sift through. Don't get me wrong they are decent letters but I don't feel they would be enough in this case. This is a thriving business with a very shrewed owner who does not act without knowing all aspects of a situation. A one or two page letter of request stating some facts without support would be too easy to deny.

In the letter threads there is mention of a study that shows no harm will be done to your computer. A summery of that study would be something I would like to refrence. Another thing I'm looking for is info about security risks to a network ie; virus infection, intrusion, firewalls etc.

I think I can write a explination about what folding is and the benifits and I think if I can find the above mentioned info I could build a pretty good document. I would also like to compile a bunch of info and burn it onto a disk for supporting facts.

BTW I just found out 2 of my rigs have been down all day:( 1 of em since yesterday:mad:

DeepScience

Super Kiwi
If its a PP presentation remember to include the latest flash movie at stanford. It's a great advertisement. you know, click the red pill stuff.