• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need Reply Quick!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunSmoke

Hey guys im going to get a new video card for my system in about 3 hours!!
Which should I get
Ati 8500LE
Gf4 4200

I only got about 150 to spend let me know:confused:

takiwa

4200 will be faster, 8500 will tend to look a little better...your choice really, they're both excellent cards for the money.

Pinky

I will mildly disagree, I can't tell the difference between the GF4 and radeon cards anymore in 2d or 3d quality. Nvidia has finally solved any of their past image quality problems. I am on my second Ti card now ;) (have owned the PNY Ti4400 and now the Visiontek Ti4600, and know someone with the Visiontek Ti4200 and all three are great all-around cards with superb IQ and 3d performance).

funnyperson1

4200 is better, it just depends on whether tyou want to pay 30$ more for 10-15% performance increase

attack

I also think it matters on how long you are going to keep the card. You can't get a decent (atleast AFAIK) ti4200 with 128mb of memory for under 150, but you can get a good 8500le 128mb for 120. If you only upgrade once every 1.5 years+ then I'd say get the 8500le...with the way game trends are going I'd think even 1 year would make 64mb somewhat of a disadvantage....just my thoughts though

Yodums

4200. ATI still have some flaws in their drivers even when the Radeon 8500 has been out for this long too. The 4200 still has room to grow from drivers, the 8500 doesn't.

Yodums

Cisco Kid

I would consider buying based on cost and which of the 2 cards is cheaper. LIke it has been said above the 8500LE is slower by about 10-15%.

But online you can find an 8500LE 128 DDR for like $99, to me that flat oiut represents a good buy. Odds are you will buy another card ina years time so why not spend less now. Just my opinion.

Yodums mentioend driver issues but I have not experienced that but then I do not play as many games as some on this forums do. The 8500 will give you better DVD hardware support over the Ti cards though.

Your choice both are good cards and both are overclockable!!

Cisco KId