• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some suggestions in water-cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_dragonas

Registered
Hello overclockers!
Currently i am the owner of 2 pc's:
1) AMD Athlon XP 1800+ and
2) Intel Pentium III 450MHz.

I am thinking about watercooling my old pc (PIII). Could anyone tell me in which way the waterblock will be fixed to the mainboard? Because it's not the best way to drill new holes in the mainboard i am thinking of transforming the heatsink into waterblock. Also i am thinking to build a new waterblock and to put it below the heatsink, but then the four pins of the heatsink would be small and not able to fix the system to the board. Any suggestions?

OP
t_dragonas

t_dragonas

Registered
Also i have seen in several projects that the pipe diameter is 1/2" (!!!). Isn't this diameter very big when the dimensions of the waterblock will be 60mmx45?

OP
t_dragonas

t_dragonas

Registered
I am thinking also of doing the watercooling to my Athlon XP 1800+. If the project will be succesfull to PIII i will put the equipment to my Athlon!

NeoMoses

is that pIII a slot chip? If it's anything like my PII333, it has holes that go through it. Just use those.

RnPgrosz

t_dragonas said:
I am thinking also of doing the watercooling to my Athlon XP 1800+. If the project will be succesfull to PIII i will put the equipment to my Athlon!

I tend to agree with frodo, I don't think watercooling your P3 is worth it even if its only an experiment. If you do watercooling the right way you won't have any problems. Good luck making your own block, I would say four hole mounting is best.

The Spyder

dude.... i wc my old pIII450 when it was new~ it wasent worth it then and isnt worth it now~ i eneded up installing a golder orb slot with a 7v fan and its SILENT.....

Frodo Baggins

unless u got a stash of cash...lol, wc can be expensive Don't look to buy stuyff then modify it to go on your PIII, then you'll haev to revert it back so it can fit on a AMD. Just buy some quality parts, if you bought good parts and you set it up right, it'll be better either way,

just my 2 cents

Nico3k

t_dragonas said:
If the project will be succesfull to PIII i will put the equipment to my Athlon!
lol... sad thing is that most of the time if you have one project be successful... the next wont be (or the other way around.)

Originally posted by Frodo Baggins
Do you think it's worth it to buy all the stuff and wc uyou 450?

all the little things in life are appreciated