• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I really need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
No matter what I do I can not get connected to a server.^This is 2 days and I am going nuts..3.2 gigs not folding is gonna kill my rank......................................................................

I have tried everything reinstalled the client 10 times and it will not connect to the server .....This is driving me mad guys please someone help me .......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is my log >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Benchmarking ...
Configuring [email protected]
- Ask before connecting: No
+ Requesting machine ID from server
- Getting ID from AS: Successful: Got v
- Received ID = 176D7F495DDFEBB2

Work directory not found. Creating...Could not open work queue, generating new queue...
+ Attempting to get work packet
- Connecting to assignment server
+ Couldn't get work instructions.
- Error: Getwork #1 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
+ Attempting to get work packet
- Connecting to assignment server
+ Couldn't get work instructions.
- Error: Getwork #2 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
***** Got a SIGTERM signal (2) from OS

[email protected] Client Shutdown.

This will go on forever it appears any help you guys ???????

Last edited:

overdoze

try the following cause it readlly help me on rainy day like what just happened to you. Note I only use text version.

create 2 directories.
On the first dir. just do it like normal and when it said waiting for work unit just let it run overnite. Sometimes I have to wait more than 24 hrs to get a WU

On the second dir. Copy the FAH3Console.exe and the client.cfg files from first dir. Edit the client.cfg file and change machince ID to 2. Create a shortcut to execute this FAH3Console in the second dir and make sure the command line is like below

FAH3Console.exe -advmethods -forceasm

let the computer run both task 24/7 as startup schedule task or any method you currently use.

The purpose of the 2 above configs is: one will fold tinker core and the other will fold gromacs core. Since each core is getting the WU from a different servers you have better chance than just one work unit waiting to d/l or upload the finish WU. While one WU is in the waiting mode the other would still fold so you don't have any CPU cycle wasted.

Last edited:

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
any firewall and/or router?

can you ping any of the stanford servers? if you have a proxy/router/firewall are the clients set to go through, are ports 8080 and 80 alowed to go through?

FOLD ON
NAS

shivasingh

I'm having a similar problem with my pc at work. It seems to have started over the weekend, I just can't seem to get a work unit. Nothing has changed in our setup, and it has worked for weeks before.

I have deleted and reinstalled [email protected] twice yesterday hoping it would help, but I get the same error

I'm hoping it's just a server problem. I'll just wait and see, but it's very frustrating to have an idle cpu because it can't connect.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
shivasingh said:
I'm having a similar problem with my pc at work. It seems to have started over the weekend, I just can't seem to get a work unit. Nothing has changed in our setup, and it has worked for weeks before.

I have deleted and reinstalled [email protected] twice yesterday hoping it would help, but I get the same error

I'm hoping it's just a server problem. I'll just wait and see, but it's very frustrating to have an idle cpu because it can't connect.

does work have a firewall and the port 80 servers? stanford is overloaded on that one server is trying to get more port 80 servers up?!!

FOLD ON
NAS

shivasingh

I was having the same problem, but earlier today I was able to download a WU.

Considering that I was unable to download a unit since Sunday and nothing has changed on this end, I have no advice to help.

It did take about 50 tries for it to connect on 171.64.122.119 on port 80. Unfortunately my P4 now has a P182.