• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I said enough was enough.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I grabbed my CPU around the neck and started to punch it in the face. Now look where it got me.

2ghz.jpg

sandara.jpg

maxima88

Great O/C fishy!!!
What's your cooling?

I hear the cops are on their way to your place to arrest you for CPU brutality. LOL!

Your sandra score seems kinda low though for 2GHz.

OP
{PMS}fishy

{PMS}fishy

Water Cooled with Maze 2 and heatcore. The sandra score is low cause the DIMM slots on teh MB are toast. So I have to run a 3:4 memory divider.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
killer oc man. jeeeez i better get on the ball here.1600's chewen my heals! ok has anyone done 2.4 ghz with a 2200 yet? lol jk

ok if i put my case in the freezer and hook 2-500wt psu's in parallel.sprinkle my ram with some columbian candy. i think i can get it!

DaveSauce

Ah, yes, when the processors just dont want to give it up, you have to result to beating the mhz out of it.....hot screwdriver beneath the core, cutting off a pin, baseball bat to the bridges, all that other torturous stuff.

Congrats dude, lol...oh wow, just noticed that was a 1600, holy crap....wish my 1600 could do that...

maxima88

H2O really does wonders for overclocking.

To hit 2Ghz, I guess I'll either have to go H2O or wait til it's snowing and leave my windows open. LOL

natopotato

{PMS}fishy said:
2.3v 28c LOAD
3v on the mem.

dude how do u get those low temps whats the trick

[ps i need water wetter and a 12cm fan for my intercooler]

but i stil dont think i can get temps that great

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
:D

A couple of quick reboots, and I have a screenie for ya:
2000c.jpg

But to come clean: immediately after opening the forums up and getting ready to post the screenshot.....................spontaneous reboot! lol

Not sure if I can run stable where I am now either- 1997mhz by wcpuid, but it beats my best this summer already:)

I'll have to do more testing and check stability.

Very nice job, {pms}fishy, and thanks for once again spurring me on for some OC competition! I will catch you!

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
so which should I get...a 1600+ or a 1800+??? I am going to get a MCX462+ and the Smart Fan II...which in ya'lls opinion would get me the best O/C? I know right off the bat the 1800 has the advantage, but do you think the 53 dollar 1600 could catch up to the 90 dollar 1800???

OP
{PMS}fishy

{PMS}fishy

rogerdugans said:
:D

A couple of quick reboots, and I have a screenie for ya:

But to come clean: immediately after opening the forums up and getting ready to post the screenshot.....................spontaneous reboot! lol

Not sure if I can run stable where I am now either- 1997mhz by wcpuid, but it beats my best this summer already:)

I'll have to do more testing and check stability.

Very nice job, {pms}fishy, and thanks for once again spurring me on for some OC competition! I will catch you!

With SETI running I only lasted 5 mins at that speed. Plus I needed CPUfsb to get there. I do not think that I could have booted windows at that speed. Im now able to run at 1985mhz stable so far, approaching 24h. The temps make such a big difference. I can run 2.1v and as long as I stay under 30c load, Im good up to 1985mhz. Im going to build some kind of super cooling something or other.

Still using that fridge? Maybe Ill hack something together.

Today I fell like a Dirrect Die Phase Change project.

mmmm Phase Change.

OP
{PMS}fishy

{PMS}fishy

NyTe said:
so which should I get...a 1600+ or a 1800+??? I am going to get a MCX462+ and the Smart Fan II...which in ya'lls opinion would get me the best O/C? I know right off the bat the 1800 has the advantage, but do you think the 53 dollar 1600 could catch up to the 90 dollar 1800???

The 1600+ has the advantage over the 1800+ The 10.5x multiplier lets you run the chip locked and get to 2ghz w/ a nice high FSB. The 1800+ will not let you do that. Plus if the core code is the same, so is the chip. They are just selling it for more $$$. Look for a AGOIA Y 0213 doesn't matter what PR it is, they will all go the same speed, under identical conditions. Almost all AGOIA steeping CPUs will do 1800mhz on AIR. Granted I ran 2.3v and Im water cooled. It just lets so see what the CPU can do at almost full potential.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
To concur with [pms]fishy: agoia y 0213 rock. Definitely one of, if not THE, best XP Pally stepping.

The XP 1600 rated ones are cheap, if you can find one......;)

Thats what I am running in my screenie above, although I have done a couple of things......

3 volt mods, water cooled, radiator is outside, to name the biggies:)

And no fridge: thats been gone a while now :(, but with the approaching cold weather and my radiator outside I don't need it:D

OP
{PMS}fishy

{PMS}fishy

Humm radiator outside, not a bad Idea. I live on the third floor so I was thinking about getting about 10 pumps and making a 40' bong. Anyone know of a pump with a 40' head? :D