• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i think i damaged my vcard :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp1k3

i have a geforce fx 5200 and i think i ****ed it up ocing it to high. I used rivatuner and changed the mem and the core speeds to 315core/415mem from default 250/331. and after my computer running fine with those clock speeds, then playing a game that crashed my computer :mad: :cry: i realized that they were to damn high. in which i reverted back to default. and now i am seeing little flickers on the screen like the screen will sizzle for a sec then stop. and i was wondering if it was my monitor or the vcard. my monitor is as old as the vcard since i bought them at the same time. about 9months-1year ago. and i was just thinking about getting i my new computer a 9800pro and flashing it to xt.

yes i have restarted many times. and im scared thats its perminetly damaged :(. and ill have to buy a new one. even though this card isnt taht great but still its better than my stock pos 16mb vcard.

anyone please help me? :bang head is there a program i can dl to see if i have a damaged vcard or can someone tell me if i did over do it and its going to break all hell loose :bday:

nope. and it only seems to happen sometimes. and it hasnt happened for a while. just seems to happen ocassionally. i think i oced it to high a couple of times and computer crashed while playing games. it took me a few guesses to figure out why my computer was crashing but i figured it out 2-3 crashs later :cry: i guess the reason it took me a while to figure out why it was crashing cause for one i wasnt even on the computer when it crashed (my bro was) and second i just thought he had done something dumb. and it was running good till i was watching my bro try to play a game with the clocks at 315/415. in which i have been told was extreme for that card. so i guess its the vcard. i was hoping that it was just the vcard. not the monitor

Wow, I use the exact same card. You put it through flaming hoops. Geez, give it some credit, it's a 60 buck card, not a 9800 Pro :eek:

Are you sure it's not magnetism. Are you on a power line with something that guzzles a lot of power? I was in a computer lab, where whenever you turned on a monitor, the whole computer lab's screens jiggled. (I abused this sooooo many times :D)

haha that would be so funny. but thats not the power doing that. the monitor has magnets in it. but yes i pushed it through some pretty small hoops if you know what i mean :D. and im probally gonna get the 9800 pro or the 9700 pro (price issues)

do you really think i could rma this? its about 7-9 months old?

i guess nvidia would never know the difference :rolleyes: :)

did u OC it on stock cooling? i got the same card and it runs HOT! i mean blazin and thats w/o OCing it...i burn my finger on the heatsink bad..its a hot card..but 50 bucks you cant beat it. :attn:

you can rma it to nvidia??? i dont think so they didnt manufacture it.

well. i have a nice blower on that baby. so it could handle plentty. i think the blower pushs a good 25cfm. it pulls the air away from the core and then blows out the pci slot

You don't know how many times I overclocked my old fx5200 hoping it would die but it never did and I ended up selling it. Which one do you have a 64bit or 128bit and have you looked in the refurbished video cards in newegg maybe you'll find a good deal on a 9800pro, i've seen one go for $170.

All the more reason to buy a better card :)

But i mean, for me, i had the 5200 for a year and then it just started to die on me. Its a bad card. Its common for this card to start to die so don't worry. Buy a new card that you'll be 10x happier with like a 9800 Pro or something.

im thinking about calling nvidia today and trying to get an RMA. anyone ever rma with nvidia?

how does this case number bit work? the guy just gave me a case number and said that they would call me back.

Back